Forex trading is an easy way of making some residual income for those that truly understand the technicalities involved in forex trading. Forex trading is an act of trading in the currencies of countries other than yours.
Because of the seemingly easy money that one can make from forex trading, a lot of scammers have taken the opportunity to rip innocent people off their hard earned monies. They employ lots of tricks and that will be the subject matter of this blog post. Below are some common traps that forex traders easily fall into:
- Using unrealistically low spread: forex fraudsters know that forex traders are constantly looking for low spread that will enable them make profit in no distant time. By spread, I mean the difference between the bid and the ask price. Forex brokers make their profits from the spread, so fraudsters use low spread as a bait to catch unsuspecting traders. You better investigate those trading platforms that promise unrealistically low spread. Where do you think they make their profits from other than to devise a dubious means of getting it back from you after enticing you with the initial low spread? Think!
- Trading against you: trading against you simply means a process whereby the market trend quickly turns against you as soon as you enter a trade. Fraudulent forex brokers achieve this through the use of softwares that automatically reverse the trend on your platform. This will look so real that you begin to wonder. The worst part of it the software is so intelligently built to track your trading pattern. The software automatically built a template to cheat you if you are a scalper. A scalper is a day trader who utilizes opportunity of the periodic fluctuations. I discovered this on a day I suspected this and decided to simultaneously trade with two different computers. One on a demo basis while the other on a live basis.
OTHER FRAUD RELATED HUBS
- PERSONAL FINANCIAL IDENTITY THEFT
Identity theft is a kind of consumer fraud committed by thousands of people if not millions on a daily basis. If I have access to your international passport, social security number, certificates, PIN...
- HOW TO PREVENT MEDICAL IDENTITY THEFT
The health care sector is one of the most sensitive sectors of every economy. Peoples medical identity can be stolen to commit all sorts of fraud. Identity theft is not only prevalent in the medical...
- HOW TO TACKLE MORTGAGE FRAUD AND FORECLOSURE FRAUD
Mortgage fraud is a kind of fraud whereby fraudsters deceive homeowners into handing over their home titles to fraudster who has promised to enhance the value of the home one way or the other or protect the...
- scammers disguised as a charitable organization all in the name of Haitis earthquake
It is quite unfortunate that another mans pain end up becoming an opportunity for another man to become rich (oftentimes from the negative angle). While the whole world is sympathizing with the survivors...
- computer forensics investigators; leaders in the fight against fraud, become a computer forensics ex
Computer forensics investigation is an aspect of computer science that is fashioned to handle any computer related crime and fraud. Fraud and crime have taken a new look as it is now mostly done through...
- WAYS TO PREVENT DATA LOSS, THEFT AND DATA LEAKAGE FROM YOUR LAPTOP AND OTHER PORTABLE DEVICES
In this digitalized age, where almost everything has been reduced to zeros and ones (0s & 1s), the success of all ventures largely depend on its ability to gather data and process such data into information...
- IDENTITY THEFT; NEW SCHEMES YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
Internet identity theft, medical identity theft and financial identity theft have been around for sometimes now and a lot has been written about them all. My main purpose of writing this hub is to educate...
To my surprise, they both move in different direction. The live trade moved against me while the demo trading moved in my favour. How else can one explain this? The lesson here is to test your trading platform before staking too much of your resources. Be sure not to do this with computers with identical IPs else, the software will detect that and fool you the further.
- Employing some kind of Ponzi scheme: some forex fraudsters promise to give you returns that are way too big when compared to the reasonable returns. I warn my clients never to give anybody or organization money to trade forex on their behalf. But, if you must however do, make sure the returns are not too good to be true, as they often are. You also need to watch out for those investment schemes that promises a tax free returns. The truth of the matter is that most earnings are taxable. Taxation is a major source of government incomes. This is even more serious now that many businesses are going online- making internet tax a large stream of income to the government of most countries of the world.
- Placing unnecessary restrictions on withdrawals: one thing is to trade forex profitably, another thing is to eventually get your money out when you must have made some cool money. I once traded with a platform that never allowed me to withdraw back my money.
- Using unregistered forex brokers: one way of avoiding the above pitfall is to investigate the genuineness of the forex broker. There are regulating bodies that you can verify from depending on your country. Simply do a Google search and you will get the appropriate regulating body of your country. You can also employ the service of a forensic accountant if you wish.
I am sure that you have learnt a lot from this article and now stand the chance of making an informed decision while trying to select a forex broker of your choice. If I had not been here before, I wouldn’t have been able to give guidance on this issue, but you don’t have to learn from your experience when there are people who have suffered the same pain in the past. Like the saying goes ‘’the world is made pleasant as a result of experience of those that have suffered ’’. Invest wisely. In as much as the tips in this article are useful, they are not and cannot be substitute for quality forex training and good financial management.
To your success as a forex trader!
More by this Author
Meaning and importance / significance of financial management suddenly found its way back into the lips, head and heart of almost all living beings. This recent development could be unconnected with the slow recovery of...
Investment appraisal or capital budgeting is the process of evaluating a project for its economic viability. Many methods of investment appraisal exist – ranging from ordinary payback period to...
It is the pride of every parent to have beautiful babies. But not all that have the knowledge of making that dream come true. A lot of people- especially women- that are of marriageable age have not yet got...
No comments yet.