How To Cut Costs And Save Overnight
If you're looking for ways to save money and save now, there are many things that you can do to get ahead.
The ideas are simple and can be accomplished with little or no effort...well, maybe some effort, but for the most part, they're relatively painless.
1. Ditch your phone. Get rid of your land line and save yourself a bundle. Most people nowadays rely on their cell phone and if you can do that, get rid of your phone.
2. If you have a cell phone, get the best package you can possibly get. Make sure that you are getting the most service like free long distance, number of minutes, etc. and if not, seek out other carriers.....or talk with your current provider about a better plan. Maximization equals more money in your pocket.
3. Cancel all or part of your TV cable. Figure out exactly where your money's going. Are you paying for high definition and could you live without it? Are you paying for extra channels that you don't even use? Trim the fat off the cable bill or get rid of it completely. There are Internet sites where you can watch TV for free!
4. Drop your Internet....unless you use it for business, is it truly a necessity? Can you get by checking emails or surfing the web at work or at the library? Figure out the cost for having Internet service and if it doesn't add up for how much you're using it, get rid of it!
5. Learn how to cook! Anyone can do it.....it's basically reading and putting something together in a few steps. Anything you make at home is going to cost at least HALF of what you pay to eat it out. I don't care if it's a sandwich, a cup of coffee, a piece of pie, or a hamburger. If you want to save money fast, quit eating out!
6. If you smoke or drink, you already know it's not good for you. It's also not good for your pocketbook. No whining about how hard it is to quit.......like Nike says, just DO IT! You'll be happier and healthier and you will save money instantly.
7. Get a job! If you need extra income or you can't figure out a way to get out of debt, take on a part-time job or free lance doing something. The only way to make more money is to generate more income. Any amount that you do extra is going to be extra dough in your pocket.
8. Sell things. Whether it's at a garage sale, on Craigslist or eBay.....if you're not using it and it has value, sell it! More money in your pocket.
9. Change up your fitness. If you're paying money to go to a gym, even if you ARE working out there, you can cut costs by either working out yourself or using or purchasing exercise equipment to work out on at home. Even if you buy equipment (you can find phenomenal deals on used equipment), the money you will save over time will far outweigh the gym membership.
10. Cut back on driving. Plan trips that are not work related to accomplish the most in 1 trip to save on gas. If you do drive to work, carpool or ride your bike to work and save on gas. It's a great way to exercise, too. Check out public transportation and let them do the driving whenever possible.
11. Quit buying things! CD's, DVD's, books and more are available at your public library! Why pay money when you can rent them for free?
12. Entertain yourself. Going out to dinner or a movie can be an
expense you can easily cut out. You can
prepare a fantastic meal at home and save big bucks. You can rent a movie
from RedBox for $1. That’s what I call a
cheap date! Or you can go to a park for the day rather than spending all kinds of money going to a video arcade!
13. Less is more. Every time you think about buying anything ask yourself if you already have it......or will you REALLY use it? Do you really NEED it or do you just want it? Try and use the clothes you already have before purchasing more. Get rid of outdated or unused clothes and donate them. (Get a receipt) Then only add to your wardrobe, your household items when you TRULY, really, really need something new.
By applying these simple tips, you will save money instantly and be happier when you take a look at your budget.
Saving money is easy if you think about it.....it is just about cutting the waste from your life and stashing that money where it belongs......in the bank.
Anyone can save money and there are a multitude of ways to do it. It requires self-discipline, but it can be done.
Good luck in your quest to save money!
Remember these tips though in good financial times as well as bad and it will become a great habit....one you will be glad you picked up!
More Chatter on How To Save Money
- How To Save Money On Heating Costs With Infrared Hea...
If you want to buy one of the 'hottest' little gadgets for heating your home on the market today, you might want to think about investing in an infrared heater such as the EdenPure infrared heater. We...
- How To Save Money on Your Wedding
Have you discovered that your dream wedding is financially out of reach? There are many ways you can incorporate your dreams into your special day even if you are working with a smaller budget . I will...
- How To Save Money: Intermediate
This is the second article of a
- How To Save Money Ideas
What can you do to save your money. Here are some really good ideas that can help you to learn how to save money
- 7 Easy Tips On How To Save Money On Your Taxes
EASY TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR TAXES Everyone loves paying taxes.......yeah, right! Paying taxes though, like death, is inevitable. However, with a little bit of help and some great...
- How To Save Money On Your Hair And Hair Products
It might seem like a silly place to try and trim costs but actually if you're into analyzing where your money goes every month, it pays to take a look at the high cost of hair care and hair products. It seems...
- 10 Easy Ways for how to Save Money on a Manicure Ped...
Saving Money on a Mani Pedi The manicure pedicure (known more commonly these days as simply the mani pedi) is a popular way for women to treat themselves to a beauty indulgence without spending a lot of...
- How to save money in 2011
Everyone has been feeling the stress of not having enough money these days, and fear of job loss is still lurking. I have searched, dug, and poked around to find ways to save you money for the new year. One of...
- How to Save Money in a Recession
The current economic crises has suddenly made saving fashionable again. Your grandmother knew how to save money and make do: maybe a new generation is going to re-learn some old tricks...
- How To Save Money For A House
Saving up for a house doesnt have to be difficult. Many Americans today are going through some desperate economic times and so are constantly looking for ways to save money. By reading this, youll...
More by this Author
This is a rather macabre subject, but let’s face it.....having a funeral can be really, really expensive. When I think about my own funeral, I think I might literally turn over in my grave or something if I...
Let's explore the difference between being frugal and being cheap. Which is better, cheap or frugal? And is there really a difference?
In a tight economy, how much should you pay a pet sitter? It depends on many factors including what kind of pet, age of the pet, what the pet sitter has to do and even how far the pet sitter has to drive to take care...