Free Online Budgeting Software
There are many free online budgeting software out there. Knowing which ones are easy to use, secure, and helpful in making a budget is the tricky part. All budgeting software work similarly. You input your accounts, bills, income, etc. Once they have access to your accounts they will upload your information each month whenever you login. Once your information is uploaded, you will receive a brief overview of your finances. Most of them offer charts that will break down what you are spending, what percentage of your income you are using on gas, food, etc, and some even give helpful tips. Each varies slightly; therefore, I have compiled a list of the top four that I have found.
- Allows you to tag transactions and organize them to your own specifications.
- Multiple people may work on the same account, great for small businesses.
- Access to numerous accounts at one quick view.
- Able to set monthly limits, to prevent from over spending.
- Has a mobile page, so you can check the site wherever you and your phone are.
- The main display is very easy to view, contains graphs and your blances.
- Able to share money saving tips with other users.
- Able to rate tips and suggestions that others give and view the best tips by other users.
- Only shows you tips that are relevant to your spending habits, you can view local or global tips!
Mint.com Overview: The Best Free Way to Manage Your Money
- Securely connects to your accounts.
- Able to see all your accounts in one place.
- Organizes your spending into categories; such as clothes, gas, etc.
- Allows you to set saving goals and watch progress.
- You can set alerts, so you will be notified of low balances, payments due, etc.
- Notifies you of large purchases, protecting you from identity theft.
- Uses graphs and charts for easy viewing and understanding of your financial situation.
- Shows you where you might be able to save money with loans and credit cards.
- Keeps you aware of fees.
- Apps for your phone!
- Is protected by 128-bit encryption that banks use, as well as physical security, as well as "verified by TRUSTe and VeriSign, and supported by RSA Security."
- Have been positively reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, Money, and The New York Times.
Tour of ClearCheckBook.com - Personal Money Manager
- All your accounts are able to be seen at one glance.
- Costom your main page for your best viewing experience.
- Contains a budget software that you do not need to logon to the Internet for.
- Tracks how you spend your money into categories.
- Balances your checkbook easily.
- Projects your spending, to help you see where your financial situation will be in the future if the trend continues.
- Notifies you when your bills are due.
- Allows you to set spending limits.
- Connects to your android and other mobile devices.
- They safeguard their site with electronic, physical, and managerial procedures.
- Have been positively reviewed numerous times, which you can find on their website.
- Automatically categorizes your expenses to give you a better idea of your spending.
- Allows you to set spending limits to help you maintain healthy spending habits.
- Send alerts to your phone.
- Sends email reminders when your bills are due.
- Sets saving goals.
- Allows you to make payments online.
- Can be accessed through most mobile devices!
- Uses McAfee to keep information safe from hackers, as well as uses a 256-bit encryption.
- Contains several positive reviews on their website.
I have had personal experience with each of these sites. They all are very secure. Often this is the biggest deterrent for many to use these sites, but with all the safeguards, as long as you are responsible with your passwords, you will have a safe easy time using these sites.
Some tips to keep yourself secure:
- Change passwords frequently.
- Mix between caps locks, lowercase, letters, numbers, and even letters with accent marks.
- Do not use easy to decode passwords like your birth date, your daughters birthdate, etc.
- Do not use the same password for all your sites.
- Only check your accounts on secure connections, like your home Internet connection.
Do you think an online software program would be beneficial for your household?See results without voting
© 2013 Angela Michelle
More by this Author
Here are great websites that help you get great coupons, trade books and movies, and teach you how to budget your finances. These great money saving websites are a must in your daily web surfing.
Here are four amazing websites that help you find the cheapest gas prices in your area. Each site contributes to the world wide web through great advice, maps, and more.
There are few games intended specifically for two players. Here are three. War, Speed, and double solitaire.