Freelance Work Online: How to Be Successful
you're interested in beginning a new career as a freelance Web content writer,
the first step is to spend some time thinking about whether or not you have the
entrepreneurial spirit needed to be successful in this type of environment.
Writers may get to set their own hours and work in their pajamas, but they must
be disciplined and very motivated in order to be successful at finding freelance work online.
Generally speaking, you will need the following traits to be able to find freelance work online:
- Ability to work independently
- Good time management skills
- A wide variety of interests
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar, composition, and the mechanics of good writing
- Attention to detail -- the ability to "self-edit" before submitting work
- A philosophy of "self improvement" -- ability to learn from constructive criticism
- Basic technical knowledge of Web site development and how writing for the Web is different from a print publication
Freelance writing online is not a good choice if you:
- Need constant supervision
- Lack enthusiasm
- Have no time management skills
- Are unable to write about topics without direct prior experience in the area
- Don’t understand the difference between online writing and writing for a print publication
Learn More About Freelance Writing
Books for Aspiring Freelance Writers
No comments yet.