HOW TO MAKE AN INCOME ON SIDE JOBS
YOU ARE THE BOSS IN THIS BUSINESS
Do to the current global economy and high unemployment, many of us trying to just make ends meet. You may be unemployed right now or just desperate to make some quick cash. You may just need to bring in some cash for the holidays or just need money now. Whatever the reason may be, you want to make some cash fast, quick, and easy. I will teach you how to make it fast and quick, but easy work is not included. It doesn't have to be brute labor though. We will get to all of that later.
Now, working online is a great way to make an extra income. Some people make a lot of money online. But on most sites, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to just begin. If your thinking about working on an affiliate program or writing articles, it takes time to get views and your work out there. If you are doing surveys online, you are probably making $3 an hour on average. Even still, it takes a long time to get paid. I am going to tell you how you can start making money today. Now, this isn't a get rich scheme, but the money will be there to make. You can build yourself up to make thousands a month, but you have to work for it. It won't work itself.
So, I am going to tell you how to start your own business and begin making money now. Listen, you are not going to get a business license. You are going to do odd end jobs of all types and you are going to run it like a business. If you listen to me and put in the work, you will get paid. That is right. I will tell you how you can make a steady profit. Now, your profit will be based on your skills. Those who can do more will make more.
MANAGING YOUR SKILLS
In order to begin making money, you have to determine what job services you will be able to offer to your customers. I am calling it your business because in order to make money, youhave to run it like it is. So, what are you good at? Do you do carpentry or plumbing? Are you able to work on engines? Whatever it may be, you have to take advantage of the skills you have. This is going to determine what jobs you are able to advertise to your customers. Even if you don't have any of the skills above, there is still plenty of things you can do to make money. You keep hearing me say customers. Remember, work as a professional. In order to make money on jobs, you have to have a paying customer. It's common sense. You will need to go door to door to get your customers. You have to be able to go to a complete stranger and offer your services. Now, you may have family and friends that you can go to and offer your services. That is fine. They are more likely to give you a job then strangers are. But still, you have to go get your customers in order to maximize your profits. You can use the tips below to increase your chances.
- BE PROFESSIONAL- This is very important. You have to be professional at all times or your not going to maximize your profit potential. Make sure you are well dressed and make sure you use proper tone when talking to your client.
- BE POLITE- Make sure you are polite when talking to a future client. Use "yes sir" and "thank you". Be respectful when discussing your job services.
- BE UNDERSTANDING- Not everyone is going to need work done, for whatever the reason may be. Be understanding if they choose to say no. Thank them for their time and leave respectfully.
- OFFER SERVICES- Let them know everything you do. Ask them if they need any work done and determine if you qualify to do the work. Perhaps, you can bring a paper that has the work you do for a visual reference.
- CONTACTS- A visual reference card with your job services or a phone number where you can be reached would be great, Ask them if you can get their name and number for future reference.
- CHECK BACK- Check back with them if they don't mind. They might have work for you to do now. It is very important to leave your client impressed. A great presentation is professional and it increases your chances for jobs.
- SCHEDULING- You need to bring a notepad to write in when a job is determined. Write who it is or what time it needs done. Time management is crucial and very important. You may get to the point that you may be booked. It can happen. Schedule your clients and give them equal time. Try to make a schedule yourself so you can learn to follow it. Once again, this appears professional to a client. A client feels more comfortable with professional services.
You should know what you can and can't do. You know what skills you have and don't have. Don't say you are a plumber just to get a job, even if you are desperate for money. In the long run of things, it will be much better. I know you need quick money, but it is not right. You don't get anywhere advertising fake services. If you get a job and you do it right and professional, that client is very likely to call on you again. This gives you a long term client, which is very important. If you do this right, you can make this your permanent job. You can be your own boss. The money can be great. Once you get started, if you want, go take a plumbing class or carpentry class. It will pay off. Like I said before, you have to be professional. When you act like a professional, you get treated like a professional.
Now, here is a set of skilled jobs that you can perform for clients.
- PLUMBING- water lines, sewer lines, water leaks, ect.
- CARPENTRY- laying carpet, carpet porches, roofing, ect
- ENGINE MECHANICS- alternators, sensors, block work, ect.
- VEHICLE MAINTENANCE- changing tires, oil change, brake change, ect.
- COMPUTERS- cleaning out, re-boot, modem work, ect.
- DJ PARTIES- bars and clubs
- BUILDING- porches, steps, extra rooms, buildings, garages, ect.
- MUSIC- for bars, parties, weddings, family reunions, ect.
- LANDSCAPING- roads, gravel lots, leveling, ect
- CONSTRUCTION- cementing drive ways, porches, walkways, ect
These are just a few of many skilled jobs you can perform for your clients. Remember, only offer these services if you are sure you are qualified. These services will give you an idea of some of the jobs you may want to offer. Remember, you want to do a good job every time you get a client. When you do a good job professionally, they are more then likely to ask for your service again.
You can also offer your services at companies or at a business. They often use contractors to do their services, but your price may be better then their current clients. These are often bigger jobs and higher paid.
JOBS THAT REQUIRE NO CLIENT OR SKILLS
Not all of us are trained or qualified to do the above jobs. That is fine. There are plenty of jobs that are available to you to perform alone or with your clients. You still need to apply the techniques offered above when talking to potential clients. The first set of jobs are jobs that require no clients. These are jobs you can do along.
- SCRAPPING- You can scrap all kinds of different items at the recycling center in your area. You can scrap metals, aluminum, copper, and cans. You can find metals everywhere. It is best to have a truck.
- PAWNING- You may have items you can take off to the pawn shop. Eventually, you won't, but every dollar adds up at this point.
- YARD SALE- You can have a yard sale and get read of any items that you have. If you have expensive items, try selling them on Ebay. You usually get more money for high end valued items.
- GINSENG?YELLOW ROOT- If you are in an area where yellow root and ginseng grow, so out in the woods and pick it. Ginseng usually stand at $400-$500 a pound and yellow root is around $30 a pound. You will need to make phone calls to find out who is buying them. The prices nearly double around December.
- CRAFTS- If you make crafts or you paint, you can try selling them as well. Also, since the holidays are near, you can go find vines and see wreaths. You can also sell greenery.
- AUCTIONS- If you are good at dealing and you have a little money, you can go to auctions or yard sales and pick up valuable items for a cheap price. Then you can turn it around and sell it for a higher price. Just a suggestion if you have knowledge about antiques and valuables.
- SELLER- You can offer to sell other peoples items and take a cut off of it. Easier said then done, but it puts money in your pocket.
JOBS THAT REQUIRE NO SKILLS
Believe it or not, there is all kind of jobs that you can perform that don't even require skills. Below, you will find some examples of these jobs. Just make sure you apply the techniques above when you are talking to future clients. Any of these jobs can be done without any prior skills.
- GRASS CUTTING
- HAUL GARBAGE OFF
- INSULATION- PIPES/WINDOWS
- CAR WASH/INSIDE CAR
- CLEANING GUTTERS
- WASHING HOUSE/SIDING
- CLEANING HOUSE
- LIGHT ROOF REPAIR
- POURING CEMENT
- FOUNDATION WORK
- RAKING LEAVES/TWIGS
- SHOP FOR CLIENT
- DIRT/GRAVEL LOTS/DRIVE-WAYS
- TREE WORK/TRIMMING/REMOVAL
- DOG WALKING
- JUNKING CARS
ONE LAST WORD
I believe in you and you need to believe in yourself. The harder you try, the more benefits you will see. You can start making money quick if you wish. If it takes it go door to door. Most people will probably say no so don't get frustrated. Stick with your assignment. This is your chance to make a solid income and be your own boss. I know some of the jobs listed are seasonal, but many of them you can do year round. Try to practice and improve your people skills. Follow the techniques that are listed above when you first interview a potential client.
For example, if you knock on 100 doors, you are likely to get 5 jobs. They may be one time jobs or you may pick up a permanent client. If you knock on 1,000 doors, that increased to 50. This is just an example of how you pick up clients. The more houses you go to, the more profit chances increase. I know you are probably in a hard spot right now and it is not easy. You may not even have transportation. I have been there. I had to walk to my clients when I first started doing this odd job business, but I made it. I now have many clients I work for. You can do it. It may take time to get a few jobs, but eventually, you will. This will be more profitable in the short term then working online right now. It could also be in the long term as well. The main key, the more houses you visit, the higher chance of potential customers.
- How To Make A Living By Creating Your Own Job From Home
Do you want legitimate ideas on how to work from home? Read on, to find no, or low cost ways to work from home.
More by this Author
Do you have or are you considering getting a tattoo of a clock? This article is all about the meaning, symbolism, design, and look of different clock tattoos.
Many people dream about rats: Read on to discover what your rat dream might represent or symbolize in your life.
Kissing is part of everyday life, but it is also a powerful gesture of love, friendship, and desire. If you dream about kissing someone, the dreams meaning depends upon who you kiss, and where.