How To Make $100 Just by Moving.
Due to a struggling economy, companies big and small are scrambling to entice buyers with great incentives to do business with them - the housing market is no exception.
For those searching for a new apartment, condo, or house/townhouse, incentives such as "one month free rent", "save $200 to $500 dollars on rent when you refer a friend", or "no closing cost," often come with a list of restrictions or criteria that some renters or buyers may not be able to live up to or attain.
There is one site however, that offers a great reward incentive that is practically hassle-free.
So if you're looking for a great way to make $100 just by moving, here's the information you'll need.
* The Website That'll Reward You To Move.
Named www.Rent.com; this Website rewards $100 (by way of a Visa gift card) to any who use their site as a reference when searching for a new home. But how does the process work?
* What Does The Process Involve?
The process is fairly simple....
- Visit www.rent.com and create an account.
- Find a property that features the $100 reward card logo.
- Tell the leasing office you found the property on "Rent.com."
- Sign your new lease.
- Visit www.rent.com to report your lease under the tab - claim your $100 reward card, or report it by calling the 1-800 number provided on the site (You do have a submission deadline however, it must be submitted within 60 days after moving to the property. In the event the property has been terminated from Rent.com - from personal experience mine was but I still qualified for the reward since I submitted my lease agreement in a timely manner - you must submit your lease report form within 30 days after the property was terminated. You can also submit your lease report form prior to your move-in date).
- Wait until a rent.com associate confirms your residency with your leasing office.
- Via e-mail or checking up on your account at rent.com; the status of your account will be made known.
- Once you've qualified, an access code for your $100 prepaid Visa reward card will be e-mailed to you and your card will be sent to you in about five to ten business days.
- Activate your $100 prepaid Visa reward card by calling the 1-800 number listed on card and putting in your access code.
- Sign the back of your card and Viola! - You're ready to go shopping.
* Where Can The Card Be Used?
What's so great about this prepaid Visa reward card, is that it can be used anywhere that accepts Visa cards. So if you want to use your card to purchase gas, food, clothing, or to take your family out to eat, if the business establishment accepts Visa, then your good to go. You can even use it online!
A simple swipe of the card and a pressing of the credit button, and your off and running! Sound too good to be true? - Here's my personal experience....
* My Personal Experience.
Referred to rent.com through a friend of mine; in April of this year, my husband and I found a suitable apartment complex that carried the $100 reward card logo.
Once we determined that this was the place for our family, we informed the leasing agent that it was through rent.com that we choose this particular property. She made a note of it, and a new lease was signed.
With the lease signed and the family all settled in our new residence, I logged onto my personal account at rent.com and reported the lease - this took place in the month of May.
I allowed several months to go by and in July I checked my account, only to see that it was still in the processing mode. I didn't put much mind to it, I simply assumed the process was just taking a little longer than expected. So I went on about my everyday activities.
August, September, and October came and went - and to be honest, I had totally forgotten abut the reward card until the month of November. Alarmed by how long the process was taking, ("Confirming your lease and processing the reward card usually takes 8-10 weeks from your move-in date or the day you report your lease, whichever is later" - rent.com). I immediately logged on to my account, and saw that there was no sign that I had even reported a lease.
Fortunately, the site provided a customer service contact number, and I talked to a very helpful associate who informed me that they had repeatedly tried to get in contact with a leasing agent at our apartment complex, but could never talk with anyone to confirm our lease.
I enquired as to what steps I should take, and the helpful associate informed me to relay the situation to one of our leasing agents, and request that they personally give rent.com a call and confirm our lease.
Once the call was made, I received an e-mail stating that my $100 reward was being processed, and that it would be mailed to be soon. A follow up e-mail was sent to my inbox, stating the day the card was mailed, the access code needed to activate it, what number to call to activate it, when to expect it, and who to contact in the event it didn't reach us in a specified time.
Exactly two days ago we received our $100 Visa reward card in the mail. In addition to the card, was a small leaflet explaining how to use the card, where it could be used, how to activate it, and other frequently asked questions....Now the moment of truth, would it or would it not work?
Well boys and girls - straight from the horses mouth - the $100 Visa reward card works!
In desperate need for groceries; this card came right on time. My husband and I used the reward card at our local grocery store and at our local meat-market.
We simply swiped the card, pressed the credit button, signed the receipt slip, and went home with a car full of groceries.
True, the process took a little longer than expected (not due to any fault of rent.com mind you), but with the help of a very helpful rent.com associate, we got the wheels in motion and were rewarded $100 just for moving.
So the next time your on the look out for a new home, check out www.rent.com, and you too may be rewarded $100 on your next move.
copywrite © 2009
More by this Author
In 2008, the Website www.kidshealth.org ('s) Children's Health News letter stated that 1 out of every 10 child develops eczema. Fast forward to 2009. A local Savannah, Georgia news article stated that this figure had...
- 9Georgia Cyber Academy Review - A Learning Coaches Take On A Tuition Free Online Public School Program
public domain Before the invention of brick and mortar schools, home schooling has been the major method of educating our children. Granted, in earlier times this form of education took on a less academic scale for...
Since we are a one income family of four, I am constantly on the look out for fun and exciting ways to entertain my two toddlers on a budget. While our idea of fun usually entails spending time in our local parks or...