How To Save Money On Gas - 7 Tips to Save Money On Gas
Tip To Saving On Gas
Always have your car specification in order to get the perfect spark plugs for your vehicle.
- engine type
IMPORTANT: Never change your spark plugs without disconnecting the negative feed (black wire) to your battery to avoid being shocked.
Ways to Save Money on Gas
Have you ever wondered why your car that is less than a few years old changed the way it drives and uses gas even though you change the oil and maintain it properly?
You remembered when you used to fill up your tank with no problem and now you only pay for half a tank. I know that gas prices have gone up, but that the best reason to learn how to safe money on gas and help your car work more efficiently.
7 Tips To Save Money On Gas
- Kroger or Speedway Supermarkets allow you to earn discount points on your fuel while shopping. So sign up for their card and start saving money.You will swipe your supermarket card before paying for gas at designated gas station.
- Have oil changes and tune up done as recommended by your mechanic.
- Always keep your tires evenly inflated as recommended by factory.
- Driving over 60 miles and hour uses more gas.
- Carpool and plan shopping route to cut down driving time.
- Get a gas stations gas gift card and get 5 cents off per gallon and use along with your supermarket fuel points!
- Changing your spark plugs to improve gas mileage, This is normally overlooked and is something we can do ourselves with the right tools.
Car Maintenance Tips To Save Money On Gas
Poor car maintenance is one of the most popular reasons for gas inefficiency. You will soon know what to do when you notice these strange occurrences:
- back fires
- slow to start
- higher gas usage
You are about to learn a how to have your car work more efficiently and save money on unnecessary maintenance and gas.
If you have been driving your car over 20,000 miles or so and have not had your spark plugs changed, this is a clear indication why your car is under performing and using excess fuel.
Your spark plugs need to be inspected every 10,000- 20,000 miles or 40,000 miles for high end platinum spark plugs. If your car that is sufficiently maintained is not working tto its optimum condition, it's safe to assume you should check your spark plugs as soon as possible.
Of course you will have to get regular oil changes and tune ups which can avoid this problem if you use a good mechanic that checks spark plugs with oil changes. Most likely you are told when to come back for your oil change, but not for your spark plug change. You will also check your spark plugs coils (which is what covers your spark plugs) and look for:
The wheels wouldn't move to your vehicle if it were not for the high voltage spark along with a combination of fuel, air mixture to create internal combustion in the engine. This occurrence happens millions of times with the many hours of driving over time.
Dirty and damaged spark plugs won't spark properly causing car not to fire up, backfire and burn excessive gas.
How to Change Your Own Spark Plugs to Improve Your Gas Mileage and Performance
Any man or woman can change a spark plug if they wanted to, although there are some cars where the spark plug is hard to get to. You will need a few tools and can be done in under an hour in many cases.
- Save on mechanic charge.
- Decrease fuel bill.
- Enhance car performance.
- Get a book for your vehicle to locate your spark plugs.
- 3 inch ratchet
- Various sockets
- spark plug socket
- socket extension
This is the basic instruction to changing your spark plugs although all cars are different the rules still apply. Always work on a cool car and discount black wire to battery to avoid shock.
- Remove the coil on top of the spark plug by unscrewing bolt.
- Use ratchet extension to reach if needed.
- Unscrew spark plug to remove.
- Clean any oil if needed. In this case put back in old spark plugs and run car to burn out excess oil. Cool car then replace old plugs with the new.
Once your spark plugs are changes you will have a higher performing car and get better fuel mileage which is as good as saving money! Changing your spark plugs can be done inexpensively at a trustworthy mechanic.
Be sure to tell him exactly what you want and be sure to tell him to clean any oil well by burning the excess off with the old spark plugs (this will cancel them out) before replacing the new. This will surely let him know that you are not ignorant about this simple job.
Hopefully this hub has allowed you to realize how to save money on gas mileage and higher performance from your vehicle. Happy Savings!
More by this Author
Learn what it takes to make money selling wholesale jewelry. Making money when you need it is priceless. For teens, seniors, men or women. Ambition needed.
Costume jewelry is not only a billion dollar industry and is produced from sources all over the world for pennies...But is an excellent way to put money in your pockets. Read on.....
Anti-Aging skin care should start way before the signs of aging begins to maintain youthful skin. Getting wrinkles on our skin is something we never consider until.....