Homemade Dishwasher Detergent: Tested and Approved
Go Ahead And Do It Yourself
In my house we've been slowly making the transition to a more frugal, and natural lifestyle. Along the way I've experimented with making everything from all purpose cleaner to laundry detergent to dishwasher detergent. With varying results for each new "formula" I tried. Here is my tested and approved recipe for homemade dishwasher detergent.
- 1c Borax (sodium borate)
- 1c Washing Soda (sodium carbonate)
- 1/4c lemishine
- 1/4c kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a container and shake well. Add 1-2Tbsp per load. If you like you can add some vinegar to your rinse aid compartment.
- If you live somewhere humid (like me) add some rice to your mixture when you shake it. This should help keep it from clumping, but won't interrupt your washing.
If You Enjoyed This You Might Also Like
- How To Trim Your Electric Bill
Want to lower your monthly electric bill? CFLs, LEDs, or Energy Star appliances can help, but there are many other ways too that you might not even have thought of.
- Homemade All Purpose Cleaner
Make your own all purpose cleaner at home! It's safer and environmentally friendly!
- Recycling Cloth Diapers
Many people choose to sell their used cloth diapers when their babies have outgrown them to recoup some of the cost. This may or may not be the most lucrative use of your old diapers. There are many other uses out there for used cloth diapers that...
More by this Author
Here are a few things you might want to take into consideration if you're thinking about joining the military. Remember, you're recruiter's job is getting people into the military, and not always giving them all of the...
Labor is a natural process which usually occurs around 40 weeks gestation, however there are a few ways to help induce labor naturally for those mothers who are overdue, and want to avoid a hospital induction.
I have a giant yorkie named Ginger, and she is a pretty awesome dog. You can read about her here.