How to Become a Couponing Pro
Couponing for the Not So Extreme
So as I sat at my kitchen table doing bills, trying to figure out how to pay the bills and still have money for gas and food, I glanced at the tv where a news reporter was doing an article on Extreme Couponing. Sounds kinda extreme, I thought. Well after doing a lot of research and watching many different videos of people getting $250.00 worth of groceries for five dollars or less, I thought to myself "why can't I do this?". Well I have started and although new, I have been couponing for about three weeks now and have saved at least fifty to sixty percent on every grocery shopping trip. Now I know it may not be five dollars but cutting that bill in half has helped pay for other bills which I am definitley okay with.
So, I'm sure you are ready to find out how to d.o this so here are some of my tips for saving a whole lot of money.
- First you need to figure out which store you like to shop at. I actually shop at three different grocery stores: Publix, Winn Dixie and Walmart.
- Next, you are going to want to get the weekly ad from whichever store you choose, and get all of them if you chose more than one store. You can stop in the store to get these or most of them come in the Sunday paper,
- Third, your going to want to either sign up for a subcription for the Sunday paper or go to your local convienence store to purchase the paper, This newspaper bundle is going to contain several packets full of coupons along with several store ads, like I mentioned above.
- Now this is sort of the tricky part. You are going to want to get a nice, big workspace so that you have plenty of room to lay everything out. Instead of going through and clipping all of the coupons out of the inserts, my advise is to clip as needed. What your going to want to do is go through each add and try to find items that are on sale already and that you have a coupon for. For example: a certain brand name pasta is on sale according to your stores weekly ad for $1.18. Now you remember when going through your coupon inserts that you have a coupon for that very same pasta for $1.00 off. So the pasta that was once on sale for $1.18 now becomes $0.18. Your going to want to go through the entire add in search of more of these matchups.
- To make your savings even greater you need to look for store coupons. What these can do is take your price for a certain item down even more. So again for example: Take the same deal you have for the pasta. Now as of right now, you have $0.18 pasta, well say you have a coupon from that store for $0.25 off of that same exact pasta. Now after using your manufacturer coupon for $1.00 off and your store coupon for $0.25 off, you are going to get this item for free plus a profit of $0.07 to go toward the rest of your groceries. How awesome is that?
- Now your going to want to check out your stores coupon policy to make sure of what they do and do not accept. Some stores will take competitor coupons (a store coupon from a different grocery store than the one you are at) some will not. Also some stores will double coupons and some will not. This is why it is very important to view your stores coupon policy. This will avoid most confusion and/or craziness at checkout.
- There are a few other sources to get great coupons. There are many websites that you can print off manufacturers coupons from for great savings. Theses can also be matched up with store coupons to bring item prices down. Anothe is Ebay. I myself will search for coupons on Ebay and purchase them for less than $5.00. You can find great coupons usually in multiples. Great deals!
- The very best part of this whole thing is to view your savings and watch your grand total dwindle down less and less. Some of the best advice I can give is to relax, make a list to avoid confusion and have fun!
No comments yet.