How to Make An Important Decision
- Remember that anything worth having is worth working hard for.
- If you're religious, praying about a big decision will not only help you see God's path for you, but will also give you peace and an ease of burdens.
- Remember that you're a smart & logical human being (at least most of the time). You can imagine what this decision will make your life look like, here and in the future.
- Be willing to live with the consequences of your decisions and actions, and don't look back! If a decision didn't bring what you thought it would, make the best of it, learn from it, and move on!
- Do not doubt yourself, your intelligence, or your ability to get what you want. Do not let anyone ever make you think that you don't deserve what you want.
- Life is not set in stone. As humans, we make mistakes daily. You may fail; you may hurt someone else accidentally. Fess up, make it right, learn from it, and move on with your life. Chaulk it up as a learning experience and next time you'll know better.
More by this Author
I have lived in Ohio most of my life, and have thoroughly lamented this fact. This is because my dad's family is from Eastern Tennessee, with beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains. I've always thought that...
As a recreational runner, I have been running since early high school. I would run for a couple of weeks, usually no more than a couple miles each time. I would do some simple stretches before running, and...
My journey of faith is a unique & successful one. As a child, I distinctly remember someone saying "God" or "Jesus," and I was embarrassed, because I thought it was a curse word! I guess the...