DIY Project-How to Make Bird Figurines from Plastic Waste.
Let's Make a Bird Figurine.
1. Prepare an empty plastic bottle (fig 1). Thin bottle is preferable to make it easy to cut.
2. Cut it into two parts : the lower and upper parts (fig 2).
3. Use the lower part to make this project. Keep the upper part for the next one. Cut at six equal locations (fig 3).
4. Press the bottom so that it turns inside out.
5. The six cuttings (result of no. 3) later becomes a head, four legs we gonna make a 4-legged creature), two wings and a tail.
6. Bend four of those cuttings downward which will make legs. The remain cuttings become head, two wings and a neck plus a head at the upper end . I also made some fuffling at the wings to make additional attraction (Fig 5). For the legs, fold out at the end parts to make the feet.
7. For the head, fold the end of one cutting like when you make a triangle and fold back at neck area. Put some mass of paper below the triangular shape to make it similarly like a head.
8. After every part of the body is neatly folded, paste the whole body including legs, wings, tail, neck and the head with thin paper, I usually use tissue paper for pasting. The pasting around the legs also make them strong to stand.
If you want the creature to have a swinging head, let a small part on the lower neck not pasted so that the plastic at this part is uncovered and maintains its elasticity (Fig. 6).
To know how to paste your project, you can read it at:
Another hub in making a bird figurine.
- Recycle Your Plastic Bottle - Make it into a Flamingo Figurine.
I'd like to share another way to recycle PET plastic bottle : Make it into a flamingo figurine. Just follow the easy step-by-step instructions and you can make a pretty flamingo of your own !.
9. You can add some ornaments on the figure if you want to, like what I do on the head. Put two eyeballs on every side of the head too (fig 7).
10. When everything is done, you can apply colors of your liking to make it like fig 7.
Try it yourself !
More by this Author
One of the countries which produces various kinds of tropical fruits is Indonesia. Many kinds of fruits are yielded by this country and are available all year long.
Nice smell laundry will boost our confidence and makes the wearer more spirited. Here are some tips how to make laundry clean, smells great in practical, economical, and environmentally friendly ways.
Making compost is a practical activity with a lot of benefits. Every household can do it using a practical composting technique. This hub shares with readers how to make compost from their kitchen garbage in a very...