Tips to Save Money and Spend Less
Getting Good with Money
If you find yourself short on cash, lost in debt, spending more than you make or just not saving anything at all, peruse my top tricks for spending less, saving money.
- Learn how to do home repairs yourself
- Get a roommate or move to a cheaper home
- Get a cheaper car, downsize to one car for the family or use a bike, walk, public transportation or carpool
- Stop eating out or only eat out with coupons or specials
- Conserve electricity
- Conserve water
- Mow the lawn and do gardening yourself
- Use cloth napkins and washcloths instead of napkins and paper towels
- Wash everything in cold water
- LOAD that dishwasher. Seriously. LOAD it to the max
- Buy all your clothes on SALE
- Pay attention to sale flyers from your favorite stores
- Use Sunday paper Coupons and Printable Coupons
- Stack store coupons with Manufacturer coupons (ex: Target.com coupons with Coupons.com coupons) for super deluxe savings!
- Grow fruits and veggies
- Trade fruits and veggies with others that grow them
- Join a Food Coop
- Freebie/bargain shop using deal websites
- Use your store rewards/club cards
- Use Amazon.com "Subscribe and Save" - for discounted staple items.
- Stockpile groceries when you get an incredible deal.
- Piggy back warehouse store membership by going with someone who has one or sharing a membership and going together.
Great sites for Deals:
- My blog about the good life on a budget.
- Consistantly delivers deals and freebies
- Pay off credit card debt
- Refinance your home
Here is my Strategy:
Shopping and Gifting
- Use cash back/rewards credit cards
My FAVORITE Cash Back Cards:
- Go through shopathome.com for all online purchases. It will reward you with a percentage of cash back.
- Shop Craigslist.com for furniture. I got a $5000 bedroom set for $1000, there!
- Make gifts instead of buying
- Stockpile gifts that are on sale
Related Articles by KK Flowers
- Tips to Save on Wedding Flowers
Tips on getting cheap wedding flowers that look great. Simple ideas to help get the best wedding flowers on any budget.
- Smart Shopping - Secrets to Saving Money on Everything You Buy
Several ways to save money, get cash back, and get rewarded for the gifts you will buy for Christmas or any day of the year. You can't afford to miss these money saving opportunities.
- How to Get Free Stuff Online
A whole world of freebies and samples are out there for the taking. My favorite blogs will keep you updated so you don't miss a chance to get something for nothing.
More by this Author
A quick and easy way to start your own salad bar at home to eat healthy and lose weight fast.
Ideas and tutorials to handcraft wedding bouquets out of fabric, jewelry, paper, felt, feathers, buttons, and other unique materials.
Princess Diana's iconic wedding bouquet was an enormous cascading style that had a very special selection of flowers. See all the pictures of the flowers with their descriptions and meanings here.