How to Withdraw PayPal Money in Kenya Using Equity Bank
How to Withdraw PayPal Money in Kenya Using Equity Bank
Kenyans have been having a problem in:-
- Finding of avenues to earn online, and after having ways of earning,
- They have had problems withdrawing their hard earned cash.
After a lot of suffering and waiting in frustration, freelancers in Kenya have now something to smile about. They can now withdraw their hard earned PayPal money using Equity bank. This has come as a result of the launch of a PayPal withdrawal service which is exclusive to Equity bank.
This service is available only to Equity Bank's clients hence those who are not customers will be required to open an account with equity. It is worthy opening an account with them and using this method to withdraw your cash. Their commission is the lowest and there are no other hidden charges. This will now enable you to receive money through PayPal and withdraw it into your equity bank account. PayPal, which is a global payment service, offers a safer and easier way of paying and getting paid online. Many people transacting their businesses online prefer to use PayPal because of its convenience.
Equity Bank Logo
The Commission Charged is Quite Low
This system will surely benefit many Kenyans who over the years have been waiting for such a service. Thousands have been searching for ways of withdrawing money from PayPal in Kenya. They have been using various methods of which some are not safe while other services they have used have gone down at one time or the other just after being launched. For this service, withdrawal to your bank will take 5-8 business days for money to reflect on your Equity Bank account.
What You Need
The procedure is quite simple as it is only a four step procedure before you start transacting. If you have a PayPal account and Equity Bank account, the first two procedures will be skipped. Otherwise you will need the following before you can start enjoying this service:
- Create and verify your PayPal account (if you already do not have one)
- Open an equity Bank account (if you already do not have one)
- Start getting paid online using your PayPal account
- Then you can withdraw your hard earned money from the PayPal account to your Equity Bank account
Choose Your Option
PayPal Money Withdrawal Procedure
To withdraw funds from PayPal account, you need to have an Equity Bank account. The withdrawal service is for both individual and business clients who have qualifying and active Equity Bank account. The accounts that qualify are ordinary Equity bank accounts in Kenya shillings or US dollars but excluding credit cards.
Follow These Procedures
- Go to Equity’s website and click on the PayPal withdrawal link. This will lead you to the
Equity Bank PayPal withdrawal service website.
- On the Equity Bank PayPal withdrawal service website landing page, click on withdraw from PayPal option.
- Select the appropriate option either for me (individual) or for my business.
- Enter your Equity Bank account number and click on submit. If your contact information is not updated, you will get an error - “Error 3007 - You are unable to transact as we do not have updated contact information for the account. Please contact the Equity bank call centre on (+254) 711 025000 / 734 108000 to update your contact details.”
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to your cell phone or email address registered to your account.
- The next step is to complete your personal information or business details depending on what you had indicated.
If you get an error after submitting your number, it will be necessary to update your details. This you will accomplish by visiting your Equity branch and requesting personal data update. You will update your E-mail, Cell phone number and any other information you may wish.
Enter Equity Account Number
There Are no Other Hidden Charges
- After viewing the quote you will be required to accept the terms and conditions.
- A confirmation screen will appear where you will check the information you have provided before clicking on the confirm button.
- After clicking on confirm button, you will now be redirected to the PayPal’s website. Log in and confirm the transaction you want to carry out.
- After confirmation, you will be redirected back to the Equity Bank withdrawal page.
- From this page, you will be able to see the status of your transaction and also the transaction reference number. You should note down your transaction number somewhere.
- Then click on the finish button and the process will be completed.
- Sit back and relax as you wait for your money to be put into your account within 3 business days.
View Your PayPal Quote
Let Others Know
I have already used the service and liked it. The above transaction is what I used for testing the service (I received 1658.74). The commission is as indicated, 1.5% which I believe is the lowest in the market. The wait time was 8 days which to me is not that much as long as I will get my hard earned money without being taxed heavily. I am waiting for comments of those people who have used the service. You can comment below to let others know of what your experience is with the Equity PayPal withdrawal service.
And You Get Money
Have you used this service to withdraw your money from PayPal?See results without voting
© 2013 Patrick Kamau
More by this Author
You will learn how to pay NHIF through Mpesa which has been made possible by use of mobile phones money transfer. All you will need is NHIF paybill number to make your NHIF payment via Mpesa.
The NationHela prepaid card has made it possible for Kenyans to withdraw their PayPal money. It is very easy, fast and convenient. The card can also be used for other uses like online shopping.
The motherboard includes components crucial to the functioning of a computer. Among them, the Central Processing Unit and Random Access Memory. Learn more about the parts and their functions.