The Basics of Grant Writing
Grant Writing Tips
Many individuals are talking about how to get free money through grants, for their own reason for obtaining a grant. The thing is, that you have to ask and begin writing, not face to face. Although everyone who writes a grant letter isn't approved, but don't let that discourage you. Grant writing can be very competitive. With grant writing one has to be bold, hungry about obtaining a grant, and knowledgeable. Your goal is to achieve funding for your needs. To get this process started, get yourself some training through online classes, books, and DVD's. Learn the basics of this type of writing. The basic is the base of this type of writing. The basics are the base of where you need to start.
A grant/cooperative agreement is a monetary award given by a grantor to grantee. A grant request is an advance promise of what you are (the grantee) proposes to do when the grantor accepts your request for funding. A grant or cooperative agreement application is a written request that you can use to ask for money from a government agency, a foundation, or a corporation. A proposal is usually a more free-flowing grant request. A proposal involves you putting down on paper your ideas about organization and the program you want funded. Grant proposals (with a grant application) require planning, organization, good research, and writing skills.
Federal Grant Writing Tips
Federal grants are more difficult grants to apply for, compared to the local government, state, foundation, or corporate. To apply for federal funding you can start by visiting Grants.gov to fill out your e-grant application. The Grant.gov homepage is one of the beginnings, to everything you need to know to find federal grants. Also you can apply for your federal grants, and follow-up on federal grants that you have already submitted. Grants.gov is a storage for useful information on more than 1,000 grant programs. The registration process can take between 3-5 business days. It can take as long as two weeks if all the steps aren't completed on a timely basis.
Some of the eligible applicant categories for federal grants:
- Small Business
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Public Housing Organizations
- Education Organizations
- Government Organizations
First time Home Buyer Grants
First time home buyer grants; almost all states offers 'first time home buyer grants,' which help individuals and families purchase a reduced down payment. Foundations and corporations, usually expect to see a cover letter. Your cover letter should be brief; it should get straight to the point. When a funder sees your request for assistance, the cover letter should provide how well you understand the person to whom you have wrote the letter to (the funder), or their company. But write the cover letter last, after you've completed the entire funding request.
How to Write a Grant Cover Letter
Cover Letter for Grant Application:
1. Title is - Grant Proposal Cover Letter
2. Your name or company, address, city, state, zip code, phone number and fax number.
3. Current date, (month, day, year)
4. Funders name, start with a salutation such as (Mrs.) then their first name and last name.
5. The funders position/title, such as "funding manager" and the name of their company, address, city, state, and zip code.
6. Then add on the next line (example); Dear Mrs. Barbara Smith.
7. Next line the body of the letter, be brief and let the funder know why you are requesting for funds. Let the funder know how much you know and understand the foundation or corporation, that they are representing.
8. Make your closing paragraph. Let the funder know what you will be offering or how you will be helping to make a better improvement to your cause, if your request were to be accepted or approved.
9. Finally sign your name under the word; sincerely, and add your title/position under you signature.
10. On the last line, enter the word "ENCLOSURE" in all capital letters.
Writing a grant can be very easy if the needed tools and knowledge are applied.
© Sabrina A.K.
Grant Letter - Poll
Have you wrote a grant letter before?See results without voting
Watch video - Grant Writing Tips
More by this Author
This is a great money saving tip for buying used diamond rings at a pawnshop in your city. People on a budget use thrifty ways to spend their money.
Putting all your eggs in one basket may seem smart, but spreading the eggs out into more than one basket is a better ideal (diversify). Buy stock items that people use in their everyday lives.
Most Black men and boys wear the Spinning Waves low hair cut, it's a nice clean look.