Ice cube trays-versatile and crafty uses!
Ice cube trays
Ice cube trays
Adding ice to a beverage is a wonderful thing and it's easy to make in a tray, no recipe required, ha!
But how many people have sat and pondered the versatile uses for the simple invention of ice cube trays? I sure have. There are so many ways to use ice cube trays around your home, mostly in your kitchen but these uses can save time, money, and help busy people stay organized.
The styles and shapes ice cube trays are made of are endless. You can find letters, numbers, hearts, stars, cartoon characters, themes, holiday shapes, body parts, brains, bugs, dinosaurs, you name it, someone makes it, Shapes are fun, and silicone trays are great for easily removing your contents, so consider buying and using those.
Avoid freezer burn-pop out each frozen item and transfer to a freezer designed gallon size bag. You will want to do this with most of the things you freeze.
Measuring tip-Each sized cube averages two tablespoons of liquids. So 2 cubes equal ¼ cup, 4 cubes equal ½ cup, 8 cubes equal 1 cup, etc. Use this reference when making recipes calling for specific measurements.
Buy silicone trays-Silicone makes removing your contents simple.
Labeling-Use permanent marker or masking tape to label trays you use for storage
Frozen sword pops!
- Many reasons to love the uses for coffee grounds.
Coffee is expensive, but don't throw away the grounds after that tasty cup! Here are some
- Uses for Lemons!
A simple fruit, full of uses you may have never considered! When life gives you lemons, use them in many ways, not just for making lemonade!
- Uses for essential oils for your body and home.
Like me, you may have never realized what Essential Oils can be used for, but there are a lot of uses that will not only benefit your mind and body, but also bring some extra joy to your life.
18 Versatile Uses Right Here!
Endless uses in the kitchen! Along with other simple ideas to organize your home, and make things more efficient.
- Use them to make mini desserts
- Freeze almost expired herbs in olive oil so they don't go to waste
- Freeze individual home-made baby food for future use, not sure how much baby should eat? 4-6 months = 2 cubes, 6-9 months = 4 cubes, 9-12 months= 6 cubes, 8 cubes=1 cup. You can do this with home-made sauces and broths as well. Even canned sauces if you're only using a little at a time. A good example is tomato paste, freeze what you don't need to avoid waste.
- Make jello shots, always a fun and smash party hit!
- Make home-made peanut butter cups.
- Freeze left over wine-if you have any, for sangria or cooking
- Make hot chocolate on a stick-makes a great winter gift!
- Freeze just about anything for smoothies or juicing-greens, pureed fruit or vegetables, yogurt, etc.
- Freeze coffee for frozen coffee beverages. You can even blend them for a cold coffee slush.
- Make your own popsicles, just don't forget to add a stick.
- Use the trays when making home-made soap. The tiny compartments are the perfect size for travel, guests, or gifts. Put all those great available shapes to use!
- Freeze eggs, they last forever!
- Make portable single serving meals for camping. Freeze your premade foods in trays, wrap tightly with saran wrap or foil and pop out the cubes as you use them. Baked beans, eggs, soups, condiments etc...save space and limit packing lists by stacking them in coolers.
- Place trays in drawers to organize office supplies, or in garages for loose nails, screws, and bolts.
- Use trays to hold paint when creating your master piece! Makes a great paint palette.
- Organize jewelry or beading supplies
- Start garden seeds and easily transfer to your garden when they sprout.
- Make your dog a delicious snack! Frosty Paws
More by this Author
Get great items at Amish salvage stores, or Amish thrift stores. These places are friendly on your budget and you never know what you'll find! They are also great places to stock up on supplies.
Dryer lint has many uses. Don't throw this stuff away! You can save tons by reusing and re-purposing your dryer lint. Want to know what you can do with dryer lint?
How easy is it to overdose on nicotine? Not as easy as one would think. Learn to recognize the warning signs and symptoms, as well as how to treat a potential overdose.