Is This Internet Daily Deal Legit? Check For These Signs
Deal of the Day
I'm sure you have noticed some of the Daily Deals on the internet. Many companies are advertising one day only deals from major or local businesses. They sometimes have a limit to the vouchers they sell, and a time limit. They look like a scam, but many are not. I have purchased some deals and they have worked perfectly. You just have to make sure the site you are deal with, and paying, it legitimate. Because when more of these sites become available, more people out there might try to ruin this by creating scam websites. The idea of getting deals online is still growing on people. but when it does, you need to watch out for those illegitimate sites.
Many of these daily deal websites are real and are advertising local businesses. It's a great online advertising system where every wins. But there needs to be limits, so the businesses do not loose money. That's why there are time limits (daily deals) and some have limits to how much they can sell. I don't know why some people get turned off when they so those, but they shouldn't be an indicator of a scam. If it is a business you know around you're area, then it should not be a problem. You can always call them to check it out.
But just in case you want to make that the site is legit, you can look for some signs of an actual company working towards getting you deals, than one guy trying to scam a bunch of people.
What to look for
1. Make sure they have updated daily activity. Aside from the daily deal update, you can look or things like a blog, a forum, twitter updates, another website, or activity on social networks like Facebook. If they are a company that has chosen an online advertising campaign, they have to have a Facebook or Twitter. If they have some of the above examples, then this site is looking good so far.
2. Check for user activity. You usually have to sign up for the website. To get the daily newsletter of deals by email. Meaning you should be able to see other users. Whether it is their profiles (if its more of a social network deal website), comments on the deal pages, tweets from customers, blog links to customers, forum activity, or even videos and pictures can all contribute to the legitimacy of the site. It just seems way to far fetched for someone to go out of their way to fake all this activity to advertise random local businesses in a area they aren't even living in.
3. If there is no Contact information on the website, turn away. This is something they have to have. It is a company and if there is a problem, who are you supposed to call. Make sure the location exists and you can call them to find more information. They are usually glad to hear from customers.
4. Check the methods of payment. Make sure it is a safe electronic way of transfer. Do no wire money anywhere, or send anything out. Paypal is safe or any major credit card. You can protect yourself from scams with them.
5. Just check with the actual businesses to see if they have agreed to such deals. It is usually a striking local deal that gets your attention, so call the business. It's the simplest way to find out if a deal is real. Everytime I have called a business, they were glad that I had found their special deal and confirmed that it existed.
More by this Author
coscurro @ stock.xchng So my other hub Free Gay Movies You Can Watch Online is still my most viewed hub and gets most constant views. So I'm there are some gay viewers out there, or some straight people interested...
sweetpea104 @ photobucket There are many free gay movies all over the internet. Many gay filmmakers from all over the world are uploading their gay movies to the world. They are all unique and tell a different...
There are many short gay films available online that you can watch for free. Here is a collection of the best free gay films you can see online now!
No comments yet.