Junk in Your Attic That Could Be Worth Solid Gold: List of Records Worth $1000 or More
My Home the Dumping Ground
Do you have lots of junk in your basement or attic? Our home is the "dumping ground" for our family members. We have a larger home than they do and four children so I guess they feel we can use these items. Throughout my house are all sorts of items such as antique furniture (I have lots of that), antique dishes, a silver tea set, knickknacks, and other miscellaneous items.
When my in-laws moved into independent living, they brought over several boxes of items. In them were several boxes of old records. Being that I LOVE ebay, I began to look a couple of the records up to see if they were worth anything. The original soundtrack from Gone With the Wind was going anywhere from $15 to over $40. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a lot of them available but not a lot of interest.
List of Hot Records
Remember, an item is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it at that time. While you might have a rare album, nobody may be collecting it right now. If the albums you have are not worth anything, hold onto them. A good time to sell that item is when the market is hot. For instance, I have a 1985 Paul McCartney concert program. When he kicks the bucket, that baby's going on ebay!
Here's a list I got from a wordpress blog that lists the top 10 hottest records according to their value. If you happen to have one of these babies, lucky YOU!
- the Supremes: Meet the Supremes (their first record) worth $1000
- Jimi Hendrix: Axis: As Bold As Love worth $2000 (not the reissued one)
- Lynyrd Skynrd: "Michelle" 45" worth $2000
- the Beatles: "Can't Buy Me Love" 45" worth $2500 picture sleeve is needed
- the Byrds: "The Times They Are a Changin" 45" worth $2500 with the picture sleeve
- Bruce Springsteen: "Spirit in the NIght" 45" worth $5000
- the Caine Mutiny soundtrack worth $10,000
- Elvis Presley: Elvis' Christmas Album worth $18,000 if it has the red vinyl record
- Rolling Stones: "Street Fighting Man" 45" worth $18,000 with the picture sleeve
- Bob Dylan: the Freewhelin' Bob Dylan worth $20,000 only if it has "Talkin John Byrch Society Blues" song on the LP
If you want more information, go to moneymusic.com. They will appraise your records for a nominal fee.
More by this Author
Ever wanted to sell items online? Learn the ins and outs of selling on Ebay and Amazon. Decide for yourself which is better based on what you have to sell. UPDATED with shipping tips for saving MONEY!
We've all seen the teasers and the ads, promising to pay lots of money for doing all sorts of things. From mystery shopping to surveys, there is no shortage of offers. While I've tried several avenues to try to make a...
It's the event before the big event...gender reveal parties are what's trending. There's no better way to allow friends and family be a part of special time of life! Learn how to throw one here...