Making money if underage
just two words: it sucks
If I was to list all the possible methods of making money under the age of 18, this hub wouldn't be more then 2 or 3 lines long. Truth is, there aren't many opportunities for kids to make money, and there's no reason for me to explain how important money is, but here are some of the things I've tried, or thought about. Hope they inspire you.
- Getting hired. No way. Don't even think about it. You won't find any job that pays well if you are underage. You will work like a slave and the money you win are never enough. I only encourage this during the summer holiday, when you really have a lot of spare time.
- Starting a business. Don't even think about it. You probably don't have a starting capital and even if you have it, it's not legal to have a business before the age of 18.
- Making money online. Might just work, but it's a lot harder then it looks. You may be able to build a site, get some google ads on it, but after 2 or 3 months when you will realize that you haven't earned more then 10$, you will be very disappointed. It takes a lot of time and effort to get a feel for it, and even then (after months and months of pain), it will be very hard to win more then a few hundred bucks/month (if you are lucky).
- Stealing. Don't do this dumb ass, you will get caught for sure.
- Stealing cards online. If you have some brain you might just be able to do this. There is this method called Phishing that you might use, but the problem is that after you get all the info you need about the card, you won't be able to use it in any way because then the cops can trace you. If you can find a way no to be traced when you use it, then this might just be your best option as an underage. By the way, I do not encourage anyone doing this. Chances are you will end up in jail.
- Playing poker. Many believe poker is a game of luck and that's true, partially. But there's also some skill to it, and it can be learned. There are many books on this subject, some of witch (most of them actually) you can find online as a torrent. Of course you aren't allowed to play in a casino, but you can take part in home games with your friends. It might not be legal, but it's risk free. If you want to try this, be prepared to loose the first couple of months.
- Gambling. Never a wise choice. It's illegal before 18 and on the long run, you'll always end up losing more then you win.
- Buying low, selling high. I have some friends that used to do this with mobile phones. Truth is, you have to know a lot of people for this to work, you don't get much money, and if you stumble across some stolen sh*t you might get into trouble with the police.
- Selling drugs. While this is a fast (if not the fastest) way of getting rich, it comes with many strings attached to it. First of all, if you get into this, you might not be able to get out (alive). It's more like something that if you start doing, you have to continue doing it. Secondly, getting caught by the police is kinda likely, and believe me, you don't want this to happen. Another downside is that you might run into trouble with your clients or dealer. You can end up beaten or dead. There are also many other things that may go wrong, and you'll have to think about them yourself. I do not encourage anybody to sell drugs (disclaimer).
Those are the money making methods for underage that came to my mind, and as you see, most of them are either illegal, either unsatisfying, or it takes a lot of work before you start winning even low amounts. And they're wondering why the crime rate is so high for young people... Duh!
Please comment if you liked this article, and if you know any better way of making money if underage, please let me (and everybody else) know about it.