My Bank Ekonomi Online and Mobile Banking Review: Ekonominet
Bank Ekonomi (in English: Bank of Economy) is one of Indonesia rapid growing banks. Since year 2009, it had officially become a member of HSBC. HSBC is also known as The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) Limited, through Bank Ekonomi is currently wholly-owned subsidiary of HSBC Asia Pacific Holdings (UK) Limited.
Bank Ekonomi has many branch offices spread across 27 cities in Indonesia’s major islands (Sumatra, Borneo, Sulawesi, and Java). It has branches in major cities such as: Jakarta, Tangerang, Bandung, Cirebon, Semarang, Surabaya, Medan, Rantau Prapat, Batam, Palembang, Pekanbaru, Makassar, Manado, Banjarmasin, Balikpapan, Pontianak, Denpasar and much more.
Bank Ekonomi is one of the largest providers of SME banking services to the fourth most populous nation and is expected to almost double HSBC's presence in the country to 207 outlets in 27 cities. This will enable HSBC to deliver its full local, regional and international capabilities to an expanded Indonesian customer. To access the online banking, you can access through its website www.bankekonomi.co.id
However, Bank Ekonomi will function as a separate entity to HSBC's existing Indonesian business and the bank is still listed on the Indonesian stock exchange. HSBC's existing customers will continue to be served by HSBC through its existing network.
Bank Ekonomi Raharja Swift Code: EKONIDJA
Product or services
There are two main type of services provided by Bank of Economy:
1. Banking Services
Wide varieties of banking choices of checking and saving accounts are provided, such as Economy Saving Account or Tabungan Ekonomi (with accumulative points and monthly rewards), Ultra Saving or Tabungan Ultra (with rewards and higher interest), Super Saving Account or Tabungan Super Ultra (with highest interest among all). Others are account for junior (with interesting presents), foreign currency account (currently available for USD, SGD and AUD), corporate account and certificate of deposit (CD). This bank also provide an ATM card for withdrawing money from ATM Machine.
2. Loan Services
The loan services include business loan, mortgage loan, investment loan and consumer loan or credit card.
The featured facilities of Bank Ekonomi include Banking, Online System, Nation-wide spread ATMs, Collaboration with ATM ALTO, ATM Prima as well Debit Prima (which is very useful in Indonesia, as customers could withdraw the money from the collaborated ATM without any additional charges), Phone Banking and Internet Banking.
Internet Banking Main Features:
The Internet banking by Bank Ekonomi (Ekonominet) has certain features, such as:
- Online Payment for electric bill, phone bill, credit card billing.
- Fund Transfer
- Balance Check
- Others, such as Purchase of HP Pulse, Transaction History.
Online Banking Financial Transactions
You can do the following bank transaction using Bank Ekonomi Online Banking services such as:
- Login and monitor your account online 24 / 7 days a week with ease and free
- Verify ATM cash withdrawals, deposits, payments, and specific financial transactions online easily
- Check your current account balance either saving or checking accounts.
- View your loan information such as current rate or any administration fees
- Obtain and access your account monthly statement
- Transfer fund between vairous Accounts such as Saving to Checking accounts or to other bank customer
- Sign up for Bill Pay to pay your bill online such as electric bill,cell phone bill, phone bill, creidt card bill, or prepaid minute voucher
- Track spending and setup the saving plan Updating your personal information such as address, email
- Contacting the bank customer service for additional support
- If you lost your ATM card, you can block your ATM card from being used by unknown person or fraudulent charges.
- Order new checks book for your checking account.
How to Register Online Banking?
The following is the step by step process to register for online banking access:
- Register at the nearest Bank ATM for Internet Banking to obtain your user ID and password first.
- Login to internet banking website (ibank.ekonominet.com), please note that it could only run under the Internet Explorer.
- Fill in your user ID and password (that has been registered at the ATM).
- For the first time user, you will need to agree on the terms and conditions.
- Then you will be asked to change the password into 6-digits new password.
- And then register your email and phone number. The email address is needed to send all your transaction information and phone number is needed to obtain the ‘Ekonomi Token.’
The registration process is complete.
B. GET THE TOKEN
Why do you need the token? Because without token, your internet banking access is limited to viewing your balance statement only, no financial transaction can be done. Why token? It is common practice in Indonesia’s banks to increase the security of the transaction being done through the internet. Here is how to get the token:
- Login again to website with your new password.
- Click “Administrasi/ Administration”, choose “Registrasi Token/ Token Registration”
- Then agree on the terms and conditions;
- Next insert your ATM card number and your account number;
- Then select your city where you will obtain the Token;
- And the next 7 (seven) days after that, drop by to the Customer Service at Bank Ekonomi to get your Token by showing your ID Card, ATM Card and Account Book. It is given for free.
- After getting the token, change the password from ‘12345678’ (8 digits) to your new 6-digits password.
In the next 3 (three) working days (weekends are not included), you will be able to use your Token.
C. USING YOUR EKONOMINET
After your token is activated, you will be able to done the financial transaction from anywhere you are without needed to go to the bank anymore. Now, to start using your Ekonominet, login to the website. You can conduct the following financial transactions using online banking access such as:
- Checking your account balance online 24/7
- Execute Fund Transfer from one account to another account
- Conduct Credit Card Billing Payment
- Send your Electrical and Phone Billing Payment online with ease
- Verify your ATM withdrawals, deposits, payments, and transactions
- Print your monthly account statement
- Update and change personal contact information such as email, password
- Monitor accounts for any suspicious financial transaction activity
- Contact bank customer service or bank representative
Check various country currency rates whether it is regional currency or international currency
D. FEES AND LIMIT
There is no charge for balance check and fund transfer. For the credit card payment, the fee varies from IDR 5,000 to IDR 10,000 depend on the bank. Maximum limit for fund transfer is IDR 50 million and minimum IDR 10,000.
Bank Ekonomi (Bank of Economy) is a growing and under HSBC Bank, it will grow bigger. With the many programs offered, either in its national currency, Indonesian Currency (IDR) or in foreign currency, such as USD, SGD and AUD as well the Internet Banking, Bank Ekonomi is an option for anyone (individual or corporate) to have the ease in financial transaction in Indonesia. And for additional, the customer service staffs are helpful and hospitable.
More by this Author
Chase Bank is part of JPMorgan Chase financial company. JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is the largest banks or financial services company in the USA. Chase Bank offers various account such as credit cards, checking ...
The TD Bank Financial Group, also known as Toronto Dominion Bank or Banque Toronto Dominion in French, is second largest Canadian bank. The TD Canada Trust offers checking account, credit cards, savings account, CD and...
The following article will provide top 10 list of municipal bond mutual funds also known as non taxable bond funds. The non taxable bonds consist mainly the municipal bonds either investment grade municipal bond or non...