My US Bank Online Internet Banking Account Review
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a public listed multi-state financial banking services holding company in United States of America (USA). U.S. Bancorp is the parent company of U.S. Bank. U.S. Bank provides a range of financial services, including depository and lending services, cash management, foreign exchange, and trust & investment management services. It currently operates in 25 states with more than 3,000 local branches and more than 5,300 ATM machines. U.S. Bank also serves more than 15.8 million customers around the world. Based on deposits, US Bank is ranked as the sixth largest bank in USA. The current headquarter is located at Minneapolis, MN USA. Richard K. Davis is the current Chairman, President and CEO of US Bancorp.
US Bancorp Details
US Bancorp consists of several major lines of business such as wholesale banking, consumer banking, wealth management & securities services, payment services, and treasury and corporate support. Wholesale banking offers equipment finance and small ticket leasing, lending, depository, treasury management, capital markets, foreign exchange, international trade services and other financial services to middle-market, large corporate and public sector clients.
Consumer banking delivers products and services through banking offices, online services, telephone servicing and sales, direct mail and ATMs. Consumer banking encompasses community banking, metropolitan banking, in-store banking, small business banking, including lending guaranteed by the Small Business Administration, consumer lending, mortgage banking, consumer finance, student banking, workplace banking , and 24-hour banking.
Wealth management & securities services provides trust, private banking, financial advisory, custody, investment management, retail brokerage services, insurance, custody and mutual fund servicing through five businesses: wealth management, FAF Advisors, institutional trust and custody, corporate trust, and fund services.
Payment services includes consumer and business credit cards, debit cards, stored-value cards, corporate and purchasing card services, consumer lines of credit, and merchant processing.
Products & Services of Personal Account
There are 3 main products available for personal account such as
1. Banking Services
US Bank offers various banking products such as checking account, saving accounts, Certificate of Deposits (CDs), Credit Cards, Prepaid Cards, and Package accounts. US Bank also offers various services such as Internet Banking, Bill Pay and Mobile Banking.
2. Borrowing Department
Whether you need a home loan or student loans, US Bank offers various types of loans such as Mortgage loans, Home Equity loans, Auto loans, Personal Line of Credit loans and Student loans.
3. Investing account
If you are interesting in investment account (Brokerage), US Bank also provides several products or services such as Individual Retirement Account or IRA, Certificate of Deposits or CDs, Wealth Management account, Investments & Personal Trust account, Private Banking Services, and Financial Planning & Insurance account.
If you need business account, please check US Bank website. US Bank also provide variety of business checking account or business saving account.
Checking & Saving Accounts
Online Checking Account
One of the best features of US Bank account is its offers variety of free checking accounts. US Bank offers the following checking accounts.
- Free Checking Account – No Monthly Maintenance Fee, No Requirement to Waive the Fee, $50 Minimum Opening Deposit
- Elite Checking – Earn interest while using checking account, $15 monthly fees, $5,000 minimum daily ledger balance to waive the monthly fee, $50 to open
- Silver Elite Checking – checking account for 55 and over customers
- Student Checking – similar as free checking account, there is no interest rate
If you like to have a package of checking account and saving account, US Bank also offers variety of package checking accounts such as
- Silver Checking
- Gold Checking
- Platinum Checking
Online Savings Account
There are various types of online saving accounts in US Bank such as
- Package Money Market Savings – offered for package account with checking
- Standard Savings Account - $4 monthly fee, waive with $300 daily account balance
- Goal Savings Account
- Certificates of Deposit - $1000 minimum to open, no monthly fee
- Money Market Account - $10 monthly fee, waive with $1000 daily account balance
- Elite Money Market Account – Free, $100 minimum to open
- Star Savers Club – Kids saving account, for children 17 and under
- Retirement Money Market Account – Retirement saving account, $100 minimum to open or $25 auto monthly deposit
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - $2.50 monthly fee
Top US Bank Prepaid Cards
- U.S. Bank Visa Gift Card
- U.S. Bank Visa Buxx Card
- U.S. Visa TravelMoney Card
Check Card and Credit Card
If you are using checking account, you can either obtain an ATM card or check card (debit card). There are 33 check cards offered by US Bank. The most popular one are:
- FlexPerks Cash Rewards Visa Check Card
- FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Check Card
- FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa Check Card
- US Bank Visa Check Card
Several features of these check cards are:
- You can earn 25% cashback by purchasing from online brand name retailers such as Best Buy, Adidas, Aeropostale, Target, and more.
- Earn up to 0.5% cash back from your purchase
- Redeem cash reward from your online account
US Bank Credit Card
Some of Best Bank Credit Cards by U.S. Bank:
- FlexPerks Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card – No annual fee, 1% cashback on all purchase
- FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature Card - $49 annual fee (first year waived), 1 flexpoint for $1 spent
- FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa Card – No annual fees. 1 FlexPoint per $2 spent
- US Bank Secured Visa Card - $35 annual fees, help reestablish credit history, part of secured credit cards
- US Bank Visa Platinum Card – Automatic car rental insurance, no annual fee
Inside US Bank Online BankingClick thumbnail to view full-size
By using US Bank online banking (website: www.usbank.com), customers can access various banking and financial activities such as:
- You can enjoy free and secure internet banking account access 24 hours and 7 days a week
- Monitor your account for up to date account details
- View your account balances and statements
- Pay your bills online using Bill Pay and track your payment history
- Transfer Funds between US Bank accounts
- Set up automatic or recurring payment for fixed expenses
- Download, print and file checks images and online statement for easy and straightforward record keeping
- View and access your credit card account online
- Set up account alert such as low balance alert through email or text message
- Request a cash advance between checking account and credit card account
- Print your monthly account statement such as checking or saving statement
- Contact customer services for any suspicious transaction
- Verify any ATM withdrawals or fees
- Watch the internet banking demo
- Check bank rate such as mortgage rate, interest rate, CD rates
- Apply new credit card online and check its status
If you have an internet connection on your phone, you can also access your US Bank account online through mobile banking. You may need to download the App to access this features. You can:
- Pay bills by set up billers
- Make payments instantly with m.usbank.com and the mobile wallet
- Pay other person such as friend or family members using mobile wallet by sign up for Popmoney
Home / Mortgage Loan
From the online banking, you can also access to various mortgage transaction such as
- Get information about your preapproval mortgage loan
- Check your mortgage loan application status
- Contact customer service about your loan expectation
- For first time buyer, you can get basic information about how to apply for loan and buy new home information
- If you have a loan and need a refi, you can lower your rate by refinancing your home loan using US Bank Refinance loan
- Get cash for your equity by refinancing your loan
- Check the mortgage loan calculators
- Get your monthly payment estimate and comparing various options
- Check your US Bank Home Loan
US Bank provides a complete financial banking services such as checking account, saving accounts, credit card, personal loans, US Bank student loan, mortgage loan and investment services for its client.
I would recommend use US Bank for its checking, saving, home loan and credit card account. US Bank is one of the banks which still provides free checking account with no direct deposit requirement. This is very similar checking account offered by most credit union. To qualify for free checking, you only need to meet initial deposit of $50. One of the best credit cards is US Bank Visa Platinum Card. U.S. Bank also offers various deposit account packages which combine checking and saving account. This card provides automatic rental car insurance for free. With easy access to online banking, customer can also pay bill online using Bill Pay feature and access variety of financial activities.
More by this Author
Bank of America (NYSE: BAC) is one of the largest banks or financial services in the world. It offers various type of services such as checking account, saving account, CD, credit card, Merrill Lynch brokerage and more...
HSBC Holdings plc is one of the world's largest public banking and financial services institutions. The bank provides variety of financial products and services such as internet banking, checking, savings, credit card,...
Wells Fargo & Co is the second largest bank in US in term of market capitalization. With market cap of 171 billion as of January 17, 2011, Wells Fargo & Co also offers financial services such as checking,...