Nine Tips on Saving For Retirement
You have lived a life of respect raising your head all your life, then how come you can ever think of living a life being dependent on your children when you grow old. You have always given to your children and never asked for something, so do you want to ask them for financial help when you grow old. It is totally fine that that you have induced manners, responsibilities, and respect in your kids and they will definitely help you when you will grow old but time is not always the same. Circumstances change and can affect anyone, even me, even you, even your children, so don’t think of being dependent on them when you become a grandfather or grandmother. Take your own responsibilities. Start thinking from now and start some savings in your personal life, manage your personal finances in a way that you start creating some scope for retirement savings. Plan your retirement now if you have not done so. Don’t worry it is never late. I will help you out. Below are some tips on start saving for retirement especially for you because being old is not the end of life.
- Check your personal finances how much money you have available for retirement savings.
- Make a monthly family budget and make some way out for retirement savings.
- Cut off your extravagant expenses like a getting an expensive membership at the best golf course or country gym, buying a new car when you already have one, partying with friends without any occasion, etc. think twice before doing this. Have you saved money for your retirement plan and then do the above things. If not, then you can utilize this money to buy some best retirement plans.
- If you love drinking and dining in 5 star bars, I don’t want you to stop drinking and eating good food, but instead start drinking at home, as this will save you lots of money for retirement.
- Avoid visiting malls on a weekly basis, make it twice weekly if you are so addicted with window shopping, as window shopping turns into real shopping 50% of the times, so less number of mall visits is equal to less shopping, saving you money on shopping.
- Save money on petrol, get a CNG kit installed in your car. This will save approximately half of your money you spend on petrol. Also, this will help you go green. You can use this money as saving for retirement.
- Save money on electricity bills by switching off power when not required, using CFL lights and bulbs instead of high voltage lightings. This money can fund your retirement.
- If your furniture has got old, don’t buy a new one right now, instead go ahead and reupholster your furniture. I did this and was able to save a few hundred dollars last year. Save this money for your old age. Always remember your long-term financial goals.
- If you have inherited some extra money from your father or grandfather in the way of an old house, old gold, diamond, or silver jewelry, or anything else, don’t sell it off completely and spend all the money right now. This money will fund your old age in a way that you will love yourself when you will be old.
Besides these, there are several other things you can do to start saving money for retirement and fund your retirement in an easiest way. Changing your behavior, your lifestyle, and your habits will save you money again and again. After all, it is your own future for which you are saving money. Always remember you have no money is simply no money irrespective of your being young or old. Take my advice and you will never regret.
Personal Finance: Saving | Investing | Retirement Planning
More by this Author
If you are overburdened with your longstanding credit card debt, fed up of receiving harassing phone calls by your credit card issuing bank, want to get rid of debt collectors who threaten you at your home and office on...
I am Rajinder Soni living in Patel Nagar, New Delhi, India. I would like to let the world know about the problems people have when using credit cards. When these credit card companies will offer you a credit card, they...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...