Over 30 Online Writing Sites By Traffic
Everyone likes to make money and one of the ways to earn is to write online for many different writing sites. Writers who write online are always in search of new writing sites to which to submit their articles. Every writing site has its advantages and disadvantages so it is wise to join a few. It is also not good to put all your eggs in one basket as websites go down all the time or change their terms of service. No writer wants to reach the place where all his or her writings and their earnings go down the drain.
The following are a list of 31 online writing sites, most of which can be used to earn money. The list starts with sites that have the most traffic so the sites’ Alexa rank is the main consideration. However, the Google Pagerank is given first, followed by the Alexa rank and the date that the website was registered. Please note that the date that the site was registered is not necessarily the same date that the site was opened to the general online public. Where the statistics were not available at the time of writing “n/a” is inserted meaning “Not Available.”
Disclaimer: Please note that these statistics vary from time to time as sites gain and lose rank and traffic all the time or may cease operating entirely.
As you see there are many fishes in the sea (or should I say on the "net.")
1. wordpress.com 9/ 19 (23-Jul-04)
2. blogger.com 9/ 46 (12-Oct-99)
3. about.com 8/ 81 (03-Dec-98)
4. wordpress.org 9/ 93 (18-Jun-03)
5. scribd.com 8/ 211 (20-Dec-06)
6. squidoo.com 7/ 213 (19-Aug-03)
7. hubpages.com 6/ 319 (22-Apr-01)
8. weebly.com 8/ 325 (08-Apr-06)
9. examiner.com 8/ 773 (04-Nov-96)
10. docstoc.com 6/ 1043 (19-Mar-04)
11. wisegeek.com 6/ 2528 (31-Oct-03)
12. brighthub.com 6/ 4910 (02-Feb-01)
13. helium.com 5/ 5920 (11-Nov-98)
14. infobarrel.com 5/ 6281 (26-Sep-01)
15. textbroker.com 4/ 7145 (21-Mar-04)
16. bukisa.com 5/ 8143 (n/a)
17. triond.com 5/ 10413 (09-Jul-01)
18. expertscolumn.com 3/ 12231 (16-May-09)
19. redgage.com n/a 12574 (02-May-01)
20. knoji.com 4/ 17157 (n/a)
21. constant-content.com 5/ 20583 (04-Oct-03)
22. demandstudios.com 5/ 21356 (07-Oct-07)
23. snipsly.com 4/ 23007 (14-Nov-09)
24. yousaytoo.com 5/ 24335 (n/a)
25. infomine.com 6/ 24591 (18-Dec-96)
26. xomba.com 4/ 28096 (13-Oct-99)
27. best-reviewer.com 3/ 39358 (05-Oct-10)
28. wizzley.com 4/ 41067 (n/a)
29. wikinut.com 3/ 47585 (10-Jan-10)
30. seekyt.com 3/ 78820 (18-Jun-10)
31. excerptz.com 2/ 222656 (n/a)
32. articleincome.com 4/ 326319 (28-Jun-07)
33. topicspotter.com 2/ 754135 (n/a)
You will note that the sites with the most traffic also tend to have the highest Google Pagerank. Please note that wordpress.com and wordpress.org are different websites with different stipulations. Read the guidelines before joining. Additionally, Seekyt and Topicspotter are owned by the same person so they are very alike.
Naturally one would want to choose the sites with the best traffic, the best reputation, the best remuneration. Unfortunately the top sites do not always fall into all three categories at the same time. A site may give you 100% of the earnings but not have the traffic that a site offering 50-60% earnings has. A site like Blogger is much more highly rated than almost all the writing sites around and yet it may be much harder to get your work read there than with a lesser-ranked site that has a community base. Finally Triond is #17 on this list but articles are not published on Triond itself but on its sister sites like Socyberty, Webupon, Notecook etc which do not have as high a ranking. These are some of the different dynamics that need to be considered.
More by this Author
This is Part Two in the series “24 Characteristics Of Fools From The Wisest Man Solomon.” 12. Fools love mischief like a game Prov. 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of...
All of us from time to time encounter people who are hard to understand and hard to get along with. They behave foolishly. They talk foolishness. Are these things all in our heads or has it been this way since Bible...
Leave it to lazy people and nothing will ever get done. You may have heard the wise advice which says “Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today.” However, lazy people say “Why do today what you...