Practical Ways To Cut Down Your Bills At Home
if you are struggling on paying off your monthly bills at home, it is time that you employ cost cutting measures to minimize your expenses.
Make a summary of all your major and minor expenses running down to details in order to identify where your money were spent. Once you have identified all of these things, it is easy for you now to pinpoint in which area you can minimize the expenses taking note of things that are less important and not of priority which you can simply exclude in your monthly budget without so much hassle on your part.
Now after you have taken all of those points, make a budget allocation of all your fixed and non fixed expenses on a monthly basis stretching till the end of the year to see how much money you will be able to save if you will follow your cost cutting measures.
An example of cost cutting measures that you can employ at home are as follows:
- Turn off lights in area which you are not using at home.
- Ensure to turn off all power sockets for electronic household appliances which are currently not used.
- Minimize the usage of electric burner, electric rice cooker and exhaust fan.
- Turn off air condition in rooms when nobody is using it.
- Schedule pressing of clothes once or twice a week to minimize usage of electric iron.
- Schedule washing and drying of clothes at least once ot twice a week.
- If the climate is good, avail of natural sunlight to lighten your home during the day.Bring sunlight and fresh air into the house by opening windows.
- Ensure to have safe electric wirings in the house as well as in all electronic appliances that you are using at home.
- Ensure that that there are no broken pipes and faucets to avoid dripping waters that are not use.
- Ensure that showers and toilet tabs are working fine and not broken to avoid water waste.
- Create a weekly menu plan as a guide for your weekly grocery shopping.
- Avoid over storage of foods that eventually will not be eaten by family members to avoid spoilage.
- Monitor expiry date on foods that you buy especially on milk, juices and frozen food items.
- As much as possible, it is always good to have freshly prepared foods that are healthy for the family rather than having frozen and canned foods.
- Encourage your children to bring freshly home packed lunch or snacks in school to save on their allowances.
- If you are close to a supermarket, do not overstock your refregerator with too much food items.
- Make use of grocery coupons and good shopping deals but be careful that you are spending your money wisely and not become a victim of mere marketing gimmicks.
- Minimize ordering take away food deliveries at home but rather enjoy home fresh home cooked meals.
- Minimize family dining out but do not neglect special occassions.
Family Leisure and Entertainment
- Minimize on watching movies on cinema that cost so much on movie tickets but rather you can probably rent a DVD to view at home with the entire family.
- Make a plan of family bonding activities that will not cost so much money. Your family can probably have both indoor and outdoor activities like picnic, swimming or karaoke at home.
- Plan your holiday budget in advance so that you don't have to spend your money in one go. You can include it in your monthly savings and budget allocation so that when the scheduled holiday comes, you are not stress with the money you need and enjoy the holiday.
Hope above practical tips will help you in cutting down your home expenses...