Range of Household Insurance Products Available
Household insurers may differ in the types of insurance they offer. Examples of household insurance products on the market are as follows:
- Home insurance which is designed to provide comprehensive cover on all the householder's needs and will include:
- contents taken away from the home;
- personal possessions; and
- family legal protection. This type of policy provides protection against any legal disputes the members living in the household may be involved in;
- legal liabilities to third parties arising as owner and occupier.
- Buildings insurance only.
- Contents insurance only.
- First loss policy insurance. This relatively rare type of policy provides protection up to the maximum expected loss, rather than the rebuilding cost. This type of policy would be suitable for a very large property which, if substantially destroyed, would not be rebuilt in its existing style. It could not be used for a listed building which, if partially destroyed, may be required to be reinstated in its original form.
Based on the requirements of the individual and having full knowledge of what insurance is available, the consumer will then be able to decide which household insurance company they wish to take out household insurance with and what products they want. They may wish to take out buildings cover only from one company and contents insurance from another. Alternatively, they may decide to take out all their household insurances with one insurer, having one single comprehensive household policy.
For a consumer, the most important thing to note is that the basic household insurance products do not usually differ much between insurance companies.
More by this Author
Trichomoniasis is the name given to an infection with Trichomonas vaginalis, normally abbreviated as TV. TV is a motile protozoan from the same family of organisms as the amoebae that you may have studied in school. It...
A supportive and conducive work environment is a key success factor for any organization. This is because results are achieved through people. There is a direct relationship between high morale and productivity.
Get some inspiration for online business ideas from this list of top 20 Internet male entrepreneurs.
No comments yet.