Top 3 Reasons to eat at HOME
DAY 12, HUB # 12
Benefits of Eating At Home:
There is no better way to ensure that your family eats right than home cooking, with home cooked meals. Everybody knows that by eating at home, you can save :
- save time and
- Save Money
- You can whip a nutritious meal for the whole family at a fraction of what it would cost outside .
- In Malaysia, dining outside cost more regardless of fast food, western or Asian food.
- A family of four dining at fast food restaurant would cost you approximately $20-$40 per meal, whereas western and Asian restaurant or shop outlet would cost you approximately $40-$60 per meal , depending on the location you are dining in.
- Besides that, when you purchase fresh food in the local wet market, you get to save money bargaining with the market vendors for low prices.
- Some patrons even resort to taking a few red chili or other cheap items food after the purchase is done. It is a win-win situation for both patrons and market vendors.
- That is why "Buy 1 Free 1 " concept works every time in shopping mall and hypermarket.
Among the brands that I have bought and tasted, I prefer to use MAGGI chicken stock cube which has a much stronger chicken taste which resembles pounded chicken and the aroma that fills my kitchen. The stock gives a consistent flavor and quality with no added MSG. It makes any vegetable soup healthier and a great tasting option those harmonies perfectly with everyday home cooked dishes for the family.
Benefits of Eating At Home:
Cooking at home allows you to choose healthier ingredients, use less salt and oil when compare to eating outside. You will also be able to ensure that only the freshest ingredients are used and dishes are prepared just the way you like it.
2. Control Seasoning at Home
- When you plan to do some home cooked meal, naturally you would choose fresh vegetables, bright red meat, and fresh fishes with bright shiny eyes from wet market. Fresh food provides lots of nutritious value to our human body to absorb. Nobody would purchase rotting food for the sake to save money nor purchase food which has expired either.
- At home, you could control the quantity of your food by controlling the seasoning, which type of sauces you want to experiment with your home cooked food and save your time with the convenience of meal solutions which are easily purchase at supermarket, grocery shops and wet market.
- Most housewives do not use MSG (Monosodium Glutamate ) in dishes because it contains substance which causes headache, sweating, frequent urination, blood pressure fluctuations and also could lead to dehydration. ( Consumers usually feel thirsty after too much MSG is added to dishes )
- You can cook like a professional chef with pre-packed curries, stir fries, stews, chicken or ikan bilis stock that helps you to reduce the hassle of mixing, pounding or grinding the spices which takes time.
- If you prefer to have a slightly bland taste in your dishes, just add a little sea salt or Organic salt, pepper and soy sauce that are commonly used in low cholesterol recipes.
Do your children eat together or separately during mealtimes?See results without voting
3. Brings Family Together
Home cooked food helps to bring family together. It is a good habit to have meal together on the dining table rather than having meal separately at different time and places.
Benefits of Having Meal Together and Dining at Home
- Having meal together brings family together and closer, best time to know the children progress in studies, friendship, what problem they are facing in school or workplace and find out which dishes each member of the family likes to eat so that mom won’t be cooking the same dish whereby everyone could not finish or dread to see on the dining table.
- Dining at home has more advantages compare to dining outside. At home, we get to eat at a slow pace, enjoy conversation together without constantly looking at the watch while the waitress in the restaurant stares at you, signal you that it is time for you to pay and leave so that she could finish her duties.
- If you are still hungry, need a second helping, you will not feel embarrass to add more food at no extra cost. Your mom would be the happiest person in the household to see someone help her to finish her home cooked food. I am sure she doesn’t like to keep left-over food in the fridge either.
- Take your time to chew the excellent taste of the home cooked meal. Gorging food is not a healthy eating habit. This action will cause indigestion and flatulence in the body digestive system.
Kids Unhealthy Eating Habits
- Children and teens frequently have the same problems with bad eating habit by sitting in front of the television or computer while holding a plate of meal in his hand; get so engrossed in what he is watching that slow down his eating speed.
- You will notice that instead of eating a simple meal in 15-30min, he will drag it for an hour or so.
- Furthermore, crouching on the seat, standing or folding both legs while eating will induce indigestion as food could not flow down the big and small intestines smoothly.
- Sometimes, when they are eager to watch their favorite TV program, use their computer or stop listening to parents constant nagging, they will gobble up the food without taking time to slowly chew it.
- Hence, appendix or stomachache happens , which results to having diarrhea. In addition, home cooked meal turns cold, lumpy and tasteless, which ruin his appetite.
Disadvantages of Eating Outside
- On the other hand, when you dine outside, you might not consume fresh ingredients as restaurant owners intend to save cost by purchasing vegetables, raw meat and fishes in bulk, in order to earn more money.
- This results to ignoring the ingredients nutrients which are lost when the food lost its freshness when they are kept for a certain period of time as the food could not be consume or cook immediately. This is the disadvantage of purchasing in bulk.
- Furthermore, restaurant chef usually neglects cleanliness, tidy and hygiene of the kitchen environment. We cannot deny that humans are selfish and self centre especially those who are working under mean employers.
- Put yourself in the chef shoes. He has to cook for the patrons to eat in a fast speed due to employer pressure who press him for time. Why would he care about the kitchen environment and how he handles with the ingredients ( whether the kitchen helpers wash the vegetable thoroughly, clean the meat and fish carefully ) when he is not cooking for his own family. It doesn't matter to him as long the patrons are pleased with the tasty food is serve at the shortest time.
- In addition, restaurant chef would use additional MSG and salt to enhance the taste of each dish to suit the patron’s taste buds. Therefore, this action may result to unhealthy eating habit which will increase the chances of contracting various diseases, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases and many more.
You wouldn't want your child to become like THIS!
© 2012 peachy
More by this Author
travelling with family or friends depends on the venue of your vacation trip. Learn the benefits of each category and help you to decide whom to choose
Here are some wonderful birthday quotes, wishes, funny wishes and simple verses for you to choose to write in your birthday card. Be choosy. Choose the suitable ones for this special person. Most of these messages are...
Toddlers and kids love to imitate other kids and parents behaviors. Repeating and mimicking everything is their learning ability, curiosity to learn evrything they want to know