Save Money By Reusing Newspaper At Home
Help the Environment and Save Some Cash
If you are still reading the newspaper, my hat is off to you. Newspapers are really taking a beating in sales thanks to the Internet news agencies and those pesky bloggers :-) out there.
Of course reading the newspaper creates a lot of waste. Reading the paper everyday creates piles of newspapers in the trash can or recycle bin. Before recycling, there are a lot of things you can do to get the most mileage out of your newspaper purchase and save some money too.
Lets look at a few things you can do with newspaper before you discard it.
Protect Your Home During Projects With Newspaper
1. Use it as a drop cloth for minor home projects. Have some light painting or a messy project that creates a little splatter? Try laying some newspaper down and save money by keeping paint off the valuables in your home. You'll save on buying additional drop cloths and you'll also make the clean up easier.
Newspaper to Eliminate Trash Bag Odor
2. Reduce odor considerably. Putting newspaper in the bottom of a trash bag will 'soak' up odor. This will give you a chance to fill up the bag before it stinks. You'll be less likely to throw out a half-full odorless bag, than a half-full bag that smells. The more bags you fill all the way up before you throw away, the more money you'll save.
Daily News Poll
Do You Still Read The Newspaper?See results without voting
Save Money With Fresh Food ... Thanks to Your Newspaper
3. Keep crisp foods crisp. Put some sheets in your crisper drawer in your refrigerator to reduce moisture and keep foods crisp longer. The longer your food tastes good, the longer you'll keep it, the more likely you'll eat it and the more money you'll save
Save Money With Free Downloadable Stock Image Photos .... Learn How to Here...
- Where Do Writers Get Free Stock Photo Images For Their Website Articles - Learn Here
Have you ever wondered where other bloggers are getting those awesome photos for their articles? Those gorgeous, professionally shot, photographs that line the pages of so many great blogs? I used to think...
Newspaper Makes Shoes Warmer, Keep Feet Warm
4. Insulate your shoes. I'm still a little skeptical about this one as my mom would do this to me when I was young.... and my toes still got cold! That said, line newspaper into your shoes or boots. This insulates your shoes, keeps your feet warm, hopefully helps you to avoid frostbite and the eventual amputation of your feet which costs a lot of money :-)
OK... I can't promise that newspaper can insulate well enough to avoid frostbite, but it will keep you warmer.
Save Money on Paper Towels With Newspaper
5. Wash your windows. Now here's one my father would have me do as a kid and this really, really works. Wash your windows (car, home, etc) using newspaper instead of paper towels. There's no black streak or anything like that. This, to me, only seems to work on windows though. I've tried using it on my counter and besides the fact I wasn't sure how sanitary it was, my counters did get black streaks. Windows though, turn out great. You'll save money on paper towels
Save Money When Visiting Philladelphia ... Free Things To Do
- Quick Fun Free Things to Do In Philadelphia
View of City Hall (center), Philadelpia, PA Philadelphia is located in south eastern Pennsylvania. It is a beautiful city rich with history, theater, food, nightlife and art. There are countless places to...
Save Money Using This Free Credit Report Site
- Free Legitimate Credit Report Website
To a consumer, one of the most important ratings is your credit report score. It is good to check your credit report from time to time to be sure your score is where you think it should be. There are a...
Save Money and Time When Hiring a Vending Machine Service
- Hiring a Vending Machine Service for a Company. Thin...
Say you own a company and you'd like to have vending machines installed. You'll need to call a company that specializes in putting these machines in place. There are Vending Machine Services that do this and...
As with anything you buy, if you can use it more often than the next guy, you are saving more money. Newspaper is no different. The printed news costs money, get all the life you can from those piles of newspaper laying around. Be creative.
As always, thanks for reading!
Check Your Knowledge
More by this Author
Image: Bill Longshaw / FreeDigitalPhotos.net Hi! Okay, you can't find your NAIC code number or National Association of Insurance Commissioners code number. Whenever I renew my car registration I look for the NAIC...
If you need to add the file location path on your Excel worksheet print outs this post will help you do just that .
I am not a tailor but I work closely with the clothing industry responsible for clothing factory workers with various uniforms. Finding the right size for the right people is always an interesting issue. You can buy ...
No comments yet.