Tesco Home Insurance DeMystified | Money Saving Tips and Tricks
Tesco Home Insurance - The Right Thing to Do
This article is about Tesco Home Insurance which is a part of Tesco Finance. It also covers the basics of Home Insurance in general. I also want to give you some tips on saving on your home insurance. So before you go out and get that mortgage loan or home load, consider Tesco Home Insurance to meet your insurance needs.
Ok many of you who are reading this are in various stages of life and insurance education. Some of you are just thinking about buying their first house, others are proud homeowners who are looking to learn about Tesco Home Insurance and also some others who already own some kind of home insurance but are either looking to get more or the switch home insurance providers. Well, whatever stage you are in, I congratulate you for having made the effort to get educated about Tesco Home Insurance. It is the responsible and mature thing to do.
A lot of people say that Insurance is simply "betting against yourself." That may technically be true but it is also about hedging your bets. Home Insurance is especially important because a home is probably the biggest investment that many of us will make in our entire lives. So why not get it insured? Shane Warne got his middle finger insured and JLO got her derriere insured so you should definitely get your home insured, right?
Why Tesco Home Insurance?
Well, Tesco Home Insurance is excellent because it is one of the best known names in the U.K. Market. It is owned by Tesco Finance which is owned by Tesco, U.K's largest supermarket chain. Now, you may be thinking. What is a supermarket chain doing selling insurance? Well, Walmart sells pharmaceuticals in the United States at very competitive prices so why can't U.K.'s largest grocery store sell insurance. The fact is that Tesco Finance is a very well capitalized company with solid financial backing.
As of November 2010, Tesco Home Insurance was providing up to 5 years of no claims discounts, 30% discount for new customers, an additional online discount as well as an exclusive "clubcard" discount. Further details and conditions are on their website (as well as the latest deals if you are not reading this in November of 2010)
Home Insurance Basics
Home insurance is a requirements in a lot of countries. You need home insurance before you will get a mortgage loan. Home Insurance pays for unforseen events such as theft, fire, smoke, frozen pipes etc. If you are looking to protect against flooding, you may want to get additional flood specific insurance.
Here are some tips to help you save money on Tesco Home Insurance and any other kind of Home Insurance, for that matter.
- The biggest tip of course, is to make sure you get the best price. There are a lot of competitors out there so read up as much as you can and do your research before committing to a Home Insurance provider.
- Increasing your deductible can lower your premium rates. Of course if your deductible is 100% , then you effectively have no insurance so it is important to find the right balance between a deductible that you can afford and the premium rates you are willing to pay. Remember a deductible as the money you pay out of pocket to get your house fixed if something happens.
- Try to make your home more secure. If you have a great security system in place, you should let your home insurance provider know that because that will cause your premiums to fall. Your house will be less likely to have security problems so therefore becomes more insurable.
- In the same token, have a good disaster management plan. Invest in disaster proofing your house and make sure you let your Insurance provider know that.
- Try to buy multiple insurance policies from the same provider. You know how if you buy Internet and cable from the same guy, they cut you a deal? It works the same in this business. Buy your car and home insurance from the same company and ask for a deal.
More by this Author
There are better ways to find love using the internet than a match com login. Forget Your Match.com login and check out these cool ideas
Do Not Buy Fair Look Cream! It Has No Scientific Backing, is Racist and Perpetuates a Dangerous Stereotype! I am sitting watching TV in India and there is a shady 'infomercial' running called Fairlook cream. This ad...
No comments yet.