Beauty Tricks Using Ordinary Household Items
Beauty Tips and Tricks: Part Three
I have more tips and tricks to share from the television show I worked on. The secrets, tricks, and hints for staying young and looking great that I learned are while working there are invaluable.. I have tried many of the tips and tricks - some work, and well, some…not so much!
Baking soda is an all time favorite for many things
- Clean hair brushes and combs by placing them in 4 cups of hot water and 4 tablespoons of baking soda. Let them soak for an hour or so and then rinse. They do this in the beauty salons ~ Love It!
Salt is not just for cooking and soaking sore feet anymore
- Need to get rid of dandruff but don’t want to use harsh shampoos? Try massaging a tablespoon of salt into your scalp before you shampoo your hair. Don’t Love It! ~ It feels gritty.
- To conquer puffy eyes from eating too much salt, try using it to decrease the swelling. Mix together a tablespoon of salt and 4 cups of warm water. Soak some cotton balls in the mixture and apply to the puffy area around your eyes. It’s counter-intuitive – the salt reduces the puffiness it caused! ~ Love It!
Cornstarch is an item that every person should have in their cupboard because it aides in cooking, cleaning, and beauty
- Create a paste with water and corn starch and apply to sunburned skin. It eases the sting of sunburn and is gentle enough to use on children. ~ Love It because it works!
- Have stinky feet? Sprinkle cornstarch in your shoes to absorb the moisture and reduce the odor. ~ Love It!
- Signup For HubPages
Is HubPages for you? Of course it is. Join today and start writing about what you love. It's fun and it's FREE!!!! - not to mention you get paid for sharing!
Avocados are a great source for vitamins and minerals
- If you have dull hair, mix together one avocado (mashed), one tablespoon of olive oil, and one teaspoon of baking powder. Apply the mixture to your hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes, wash and rinse. Your hair will shine beyond belief. Only “Love It!” when avocados are in season.
Chamomile Flowers are great for lightening hair
Boil 2 cups of water in a pot (not metal) and add 1 cup of chamomile tea or dried Chamomile flowers. DO NOT BOIL Chamomile flowers - add them to boiling water. Simmer for about 30 minutes - let cool, strain the concoction collecting all of the liquid. Wash your hair as you normally would and pour the concoction over your hair - catching the liquid in another container. Repeat several times. You will end with the Chamomile being the final rinse and you will only wash your hair one time.
Lemons are not just for lemonade
- Have age spots? Try using the juice of a lemon (not lemon juice). Saturate a cotton ball in the lemon juice and apply to the age spots twice a day, rinsing in between applications. WARNING: this is not for people with sensitive skin. Don’t Love It! It irritated my face.
Rubbing Alcohol is great for odor
- Soak a few cotton balls in rubbing alcohol and place them in your stinky shoes overnight. The rubbing alcohol should kill the bacteria thus reduce the odor. ~ Love it!
For more rubbing alcohol tips and tricks visit Tips and Tricks
© 2012 bellartdesigns
More by this Author
Ebates is a great way to earn some extra cash while shopping. After all, we all have to shop at some point, so why not shop to your advantage?
There are plenty of cleansers on the shelf that promise to take away mold, make windows shine, and even make the house smell good for 30 days. These products probably will produce these results; however, they might also...
One perennial that loves to reside in a container is the Confederate Jasmine (Trachelospermum Jasminoides). Lavish tiny white flowers deliver an abundance of sweet smell.
No comments yet.