kallini2010 profile image 87

What is the most surprising financial advice you've ever received?

For example, I started "Friday Money Ritual" - emptying all wallets on Friday - only coins - in Canada, our coins start a penny and end up with a twonie - 2 - dollar coin. Before I knew, I opened an account for my son - with one hundred dollars deposit. Of course, he is begging me to spend it, but I won't budge.

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I agree marrying for money these days... I don't think it is sustainable even. In the "good" old days - there was no choice for women and they were faithful just because they needed financial security. These days, such marriages will fall apart.

BSloan profile image78

Barbara Sloan (BSloan) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Very clever! I started saving and teaching my son to save. I also try (I am not very successful yet) to teach him how to earn money - even if it is not much - it teaches the value of effort.

Compliance Doctor profile image51

The Compliance Doctor (Compliance Doctor) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

It does make sense - children are a liability that is why we don't have too many. For generations before us (the age of Technology), children were assets. I do have one son and I don't regret it. I am poor, but he is my EVERYTHING.