Both my wife and I manage our own business, working from home. The key things i have learned form this are:
- It's vital to have separate offices, both with doors that close!
- Getting out of the house at least once a day is essential
- It's important to have clear boundaries between professional, business time and personal 'us' time
- It's important to have a division of responsibilities
- I don't allow other aspects of being in the home to encroach on my work time (so if there are household chores to do, I leave them until the evening or weekend)
If you're working from home it's important to have a routing for work and stick to it or it's easy to get distratced and spend time procrastinating.
But, would I ever swap working from home for working back in an office? No way. Shortest commute in the world!