aDayInMyLife1 profile image 90

LGBT: How do I file my taxes?

I married my same sex partner December 27 2013 in Massachusetts. We live in North Carolina, where same sex marriages are unlawful. How should I go about filing my federal and state taxes for 2013?

sort by best latest

junkseller profile image90

junkseller says

2 years ago
 |  Comment
  • bankscottage profile image

    bankscottage 2 years ago

    I agree with junkseller. But, I think the tax code should be simplified and everyone should file single: individual tax return should report individual wages. It really shouldn't be the IRS's business with regard to our personal relationships.

bankscottage profile image91

bankscottage says

2 years ago
 |  Comment
aDayInMyLife1 profile image90

Amanda S (aDayInMyLife1) says

2 years ago
 |  Comment