Msmillar profile image 93

Open a line of credit with a credit card or purchase a small piece of property?

I want to improve my credit score to buy a home. I've always paid cash, so I have no credit cards or car loans. The lender recommended I open a line of credit with a credit card company and make small purchases and pay them immediately. I'd rather purchase a small piece of property here in my town and make payments on the loan to improve my credit. What would be a better choice, open a line of credit or purchase a small lot and make payment s on a small loan for it? Thank you for any advice!

dburkeaz profile image85

dburkeaz says

• Msmillar profile image

Msmillar 24 months ago

Thank you dburkeaz! I will do exactly what you suggested, ask for a Manual Underwriting. I thought there had to be another way, but I didn't know what key words I needed. Thanks again!

promisem profile image93

Scott Bateman (promisem) says

• Msmillar profile image

Msmillar 24 months ago

Thank you promisem, I appreciate your help! I'm going to go along with dburkeaz just because I don't want to get involved with credit cards because I DO have a very healthy savings, there's no reason for cards. Thank you!