Lets take a look at a few stocks:
1) AAPL (Apple) like you said that was a no brainer
2) RIMM (Research in Motion)
3) PCLN (Priceline) This was a horrible performing stock that took a tremendous hit after the dot bomb. Actually for many years it languished and is now 350.00. There was a point in time you could have picked this up for a couple of bucks.
4) BIDU (Baidu)
5) Anything copper.......PCU PD (now FCX) Copper went way up!
7) You could have caught some stocks that did quite well but are not doing as well now: CROX, TIE, HANS, JSDA, WFMI
You could have bought just about any commodity....Silver Aluminum, Gold, Copper.
Many currency pairs like JPY & USD
Or if you bought real estate at this time and sold before the bust.....Well lets just say you have a lot of money now.