Blacklisted and Student Loans in South Africa
What to do. Where to go. What you need. Where and how to apply. Options.
If you are reading this page right now it means that you are thinking of advancing your career so that you can get ahead in life? You want to further your studies? To be more specific, you want to go to college or university and are looking for a student loan or bursary? If your answer is yes to one or more of the above questions, you have come to the right place. As we all know, South Africa is home to some of the finest world-class universities and colleges and studying can be a very expensive undertaking. Whether you are looking for private student loans, international student loans, college student loans, consolidating student loans, bad credit student loans, bank student loans, student loan companies or a government student loans, we have it all !
So how are you going to pay for your studies? This is a question asked by thousands of people just like you and me. Let me tell you more about what options you have, what to do, where to go and how to apply. So let's get started.
When you decide to study further, be sure to consider your study options first. As i mentioned earlier, studying can be very expensive and you can expect to pay between R15 000 and R20 000 for each year of undergraduate study at a South African University or College. So before you apply for bursary, award or student loan, make sure you examine all your study options first.
The following is a list of your study options in regard to student loans and bursaries:
1. University Financial Aid - If you consider enrolling at a University or college, make sure to pay a visit to the student financial aid offices. Most universities offers bursaries and grants to students that have excellend in previous studies as well as on the sports field. The university's financial aid will help you determine whether or not you are eligible for any of these bursaries.
2. National Financial Aid - This is a National Student Financial Aid Scheme and is open to all South African Citizens. The NSFAS is a study loan, providing South African Citizens with the opportunity to go and study at any one of the South African public higher education institutions. Also, depending on your academic progress, most of this loan can be converted into a bursary which does not have to be repaid. These loans usially range between R3000 and R30 000.
3. External Bursaries - These are bursaries offered by many South African Companies and is available to promising students. In this case, the company will pay for the studies, and you will be required to "pay back" this bursary by working at the company after completing your degree. A good option as this gives you a job as well as work experience after your studies. A list of companies can be found at several high schools as well as university financial aid offices.
4. Student Loans - This is probably the most well known and very first option many South African's choose when planning to study further. A study loan can be obtained from all of South Africa's major banks and offers student loans not only to South African Citizens, but also non-South African Citizens and international students with valid study abroad permits. Student loans taken out at a South African bank differs to the NSFAS loans and also covers private study fees.
Like i said earlier, student loans are usually the very first and easiest option that more than 80% of people go for. Saying this, i will focus on this option myself now:
The application process for a student loan is very easy and simple.
You will need the following:
- Proof of registration at an educational institution.
- Surety from a parent or gaurdian if you are under 21 years of age.
The 4 major South African Banks that offers student loans:
- FNB Bank
- Standard Bank
- ABSA Bank
Al though these are some of the more well known banking institutions offering bank student loans, there are also several other financial institutions offering student loans in Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Johannesburg. Keep in mind that you will need to start repaying your bank loan once you have completed your studies.
Go ahead, get ahead in life and advance your career today ! Apply for your student study loan here.
Personal loans & Blacklisted personal loans
Home loans & Bad credit home loans
Debt consolidation loans
Blacklisted cell phone contracts
These student loans and study loans are for people with or without bad credit in Johannesburg, Gauteng, Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth and other major cities across South Africa.
More by this Author
Bad credit cell phones and bad credit cell phone contracts - Get yours here ! Bad credit cell phones in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Port Elizabeth Apply Online here I think we all agree that a mobile...
Cheap personal loans and Bad credit personal loans for everyone What to do. Where to go. How to apply. What you need. Options. Apply Online here Do you need money but you are blacklisted or have a bad credit...