Letters to YOU: “How to escape rat race and improve financial future today?” PART I.
Are you of one those people who works long hours, misses family dinners, takes work home, gets very tired and feels like there is nothing you can do? Are you one of those people who desire to achieve a good work/life balance? Are you tired of the rat race and want to get out? If you want to stop wondering around the maze, then these tips are for you. In order to improve your financial situation, you have to leave the rat race at least mentally first. Stop working hard and start working smart!
- The most important part of escaping the rat race is having big, bold and daring dreams. Set yourself big life goals e.g. finding the right life partner, living in a castle in France, having fancy cars etc. In a dream world everything goes.
- Activate your imagination and start channelling energy towards achieving these dreams. If you feel like you are stuck in the rat race, then you must have given up on your dreams. Think back of the life you’ve had before and remind yourself of your big goals and plans you’ve had. Get excited about all the things you want to have and write a list of at least a hundred things that you would like to do/have. Imagine you already have all of these in your life. How do they make you feel – happy, complete and satisfied? If not, then add more things that would make you feel completely satisfied. Make sure you associate words/dreams/goals with the images.
- Stop working hard and start working smart. The most common mistake is thinking that longer working hours will bring more money. It’s not true! Look at people, who don’t seem to work at all and all you see them do is travelling or shopping. Don’t hate these people! Learn from them. They must know something you still don’t. I’m not suggesting you should quit your job today. Just start thinking of your talents and abilities you’ve never used before. These could be the source of your passive income in future. Make a list of the qualities you have and how you could possible use these to bring you closer to financial freedom.
- Make changes to the way you think. Start thinking what your beliefs are about money and about people who have money. Most of our beliefs about everything in this world come from the childhood. If these beliefs didn’t make us happy so far, then what’s the point to continue believing in something destructive? If you think that “money doesn't grow on trees, you have to work hard to earn money, people with big money are thieves, money doesn't buy happiness, rich people are evil etc.”, then you have to change the way you think about money. Your unconscious beliefs about money might be holding you back. Start forming and developing a new relationship with money! Think of money as a tool to reach our goals easier and faster. Whatever you used to think about wealth/rich people, it’s time to let it go.
- If you really want to escape out of the rat race, you must use your talents to become your own boss. Very few people become wealthy by working for someone else. Being an employee simple means an exchange of your skills and experience for the salary. Financial freedom comes from profits, not the wages. Start appreciating yourself and write down all the skills, talents and experience that you have. Think what you could do with these. Look for business opportunities that require little investment or risk. Start it on a part-time basis.
- If you decided that you no longer wish to be a part of the rat race, start acting now! Do some research and attend workshops to acquire missing life skills (e.g. gain confidence, fight fears or stop procrastinations). Don’t just live your life – create it!
Be healthy, happy and wealthy…. and Remember: “Lack of money is the root of all evil”
Always by your side,
No comments yet.