jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

How can I increase my earnings on HP?

1. articlesocean profile image59
    articlesoceanposted 4 years ago

Please provide me with some tips or hints. Or maybe just explain what I should do to increase my earnings.

Thanks smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Memorize this. I kid you not. Even after 2+ years, I still find worthy stuff. smile

2. kaiyan717 profile image81
      kaiyan717posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Write what you know.  Write well, write often, use Word.  Share a couple hubs a day via Pinterest and wait.

1. KevinTimothy profile image87
        KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Heck ya! That Pinterest does a hub justice! You've also pointed out a very common mistake - writing well. The average reader will get discouraged long before the end of the first paragraph if it isn't written well.

3. Deborah Brooks profile image41
      Deborah Brooksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I try and write 1-2 hubs a day and comment and read others hubs.. It is a wonderful job. .. but you have to keep at it.. make sure you use spell check.. very important.. and link your other hubs. and amazon..

1. teaches12345 profile image93
        teaches12345posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope to see an increase soon on HP.  Everyone, thanks for the advice here.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
          Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

teaches12345, You should be seeing some good gains soon. At about 8 months is when my hubs really took off.

4. Doodlehead profile image83
      Doodleheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Write on some topics that are related to one another.   Somewhere in the hubs, link to your other hub.  It works.  I write a lot about financial topics and people who come to my hub can read other financial topics so hopefully I will get more than one hit per visitor. 

I also belong to some non-hubpages forums and i put links to my pages on hubpages on the other foums.   That has brought in some sizeable daily traffic.

2. articlesocean profile image59
    articlesoceanposted 4 years ago

@ paradigmsearch , kaiyan717and Deborah Brooks .==>
    Thanks so much for your replies here, I appreciate them.

I am a housewife and hardly get time on HP but then I make myself some time here for about 15-20 minutes. It's really hard for me to spend the most of my day here on HP, I would love to do so but I'm busy throughout  the day.
    Is there anything else I can do to increase my earnings?

3. MakinBacon profile image83
    MakinBaconposted 4 years ago

If you really want to increase your earnings you'll simply have to make the time. Just wait till later in the day if you have to when things settle down. Time management is part of success, and everyone must be disciplined in it in order to reach their goals.

That means make goals for Hubpages and then break down the time you need to commit to make it happen.

Life will always happen, and we all must make decisions on how best to manage our time to ensure we continue to work toward our goals. That's true with Hubpages as well as anything else.

4. KevinTimothy profile image87
    KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago

I'm seeing the common answer in this thread and that is consistency. While that is very true ALWAYS remember to optimize your articles for search traffic. Take the time to do extensive keyword research prior to constructing your hubs. Trust me - the work pays off!

Don't just write about your niche and what you're good at, but write about what people are searching for. Not many feelings are as gratifying as seeing one of your hubs appear on the first page of Google for a particular search term.

As you construct your hubs try your best to make them "sticky." That is, make it interactive to encourage feedback and comments, include polls, and include videos. By making your articles sticky you are turning them into places that readers will want to come and hang out. Keep in mind that the more time viewers spend on your articles the more respect it will get by search engines.

Another thing I find that works exceptionally well is the Hubpages Answers. Ask the questions that people are looking for answers to...and optimize them (your questions) for search traffic. Refrain from asking the opinionated and open ended questions. Save those for the forums. The mission is to make the Answers feature MUCH better than the renowned Yahoo Answers.

I've been involved with internet marketing since 2008 and I have yet to find a passive income generator quite like HP. Ignore the naysayers...you CAN actually earn a residual income on Hubpages. Just remember to remain consistent and optimize.

5. nybride710 profile image80
    nybride710posted 4 years ago

I agree, Barbara Kay.  I signed up in February 2011 and it took almost a year to get a payout.  Now I am getting them every month and am up to about $80 each time.

6. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

When some of the front page Hubbers have lost the number of views they once had; I would say - do not invest all your time and effort in on-line writing.

Write about the things you know and enjoy but do not expect on-line writing  to be a income to live on. Then if you achieve it well done, if you do not, at least you will have enjoyed the journey.

7. acneprevention profile image60
    acnepreventionposted 4 years ago

Some great advice here for a new hubber (is that what we're called?) like myself.

8. hubsy profile image92
    hubsyposted 4 years ago

Get more followers. Followers are a reliable source of traffic no matter the hub topic.

9. passthejelly profile image81
    passthejellyposted 4 years ago

I was very unsuccessful during my first year and a half on HP.  When I started actually making money was when I wrote about a topic I knew a lot about and not a lot of other people could.  Don't make a lot on here but a couple of dollars a day.  If you really want to get more traffic they key is writing about things that you know a lot about and that people are searching for.  The hard part is finding a good topic or having valuable knowledge.

10. Doodlehead profile image83
    Doodleheadposted 4 years ago

Join forums and place links to your hubs in those forums.  Join Redgage as you can link people from there to here.