jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

What are your thoughts on Geico?

1. KevinTimothy profile image88
    KevinTimothyposted 4 years ago

If you currently use them, or have in the past, what are your opinions on the insurance giant. If need be please share any experiences (both good and bad). I was involved in a car accident recently and so far they've been nothing but good throughout the process. It was the first time I really had to contact them for anything other than making a payment.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey, I can't add an info about Geico here. Hope you're ok now after that accident?

2. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

I just joined them three months ago and then someone crashed my car. They have been exceptional so far - very helpful, kept me informed so far. Probably change my view when they add the surcharge though big_smile

3. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

We love Geico after many years with them. My son and daughter also use them. Promptness, fairness, and courtesy are their great attributes. You will not be sorry.

4. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

My thoughts are that anyone trying to get traffic to webpages should study and figure out why Geico's marketing strategy is so effective. (And no, it's not just because they invented a cute mascot to help people remember their URL, er, brand name.)

Good to hear that their real-world service actually matches their marketing skills. smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image66
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

Hi, must be the commercial gecko sounding like Aussie and trying to be a Brit!

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Us Brits and Aussies sound pretty similar. I didn't realize this until  I moved to the US and began hearing other British and Australian accents!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
        prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

oh ok, like kschang said I think the Aussies say long i to a??

6. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 4 years ago

Cute cartoon lizard...thought he was cockney.

7. ocbill profile image77
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

I'd try them. They seem to have good rates and funny commercials.
    I am with Progressive now b/c I was bombarded with so much junk mail by AAA. Progressive is 100% online and a true opt-out. I may pay a little more but no more 20 pieces of unnecessary mail by AAA = peace of mind.

8. kschang profile image92
    kschangposted 4 years ago

Aussies roll their "a" differently.

9. AshtonFirefly profile image84
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago

When I was in Missouri, I loved Geico. The agents were always very friendly and helpful, and the rates were low as possible. I got discounts for simply having a degree and other discounts most other insurance companies overlooked. When I moved to Orlando, Florida, however, their rates were ridiculous and skyrocketed. On their website, I had selected that I moved to Orlando, Florida, just to see what the rate was, and it immediately jumped up to 300 dollars a month. However, when I chose to select "missouri" to have it go back to the original rate, as I was not prepared to change it, they required that you send about ten pieces of information to "prove" that you still lived in Missouri, although it took a click of a mouse to "prove" that you had moved to Orlando. This experience made me drop Geico and choose Progressive. So I have both positive and negative experiences. I never had to make a claim or anything so I have no idea how they handle that.

1. 60
      Emmanuel50posted 4 years ago in reply to this

pls AshtonFirefly tell me weather your adsense is working

10. watergeek profile image94
    watergeekposted 4 years ago

I love Geiko! I've been with them since long before the gecko. Have only had minor problems, including one minor accident, but they've been really helpful every time. They even let me know when I was paying too much insurance for my situation and suggestion a lighter policy.