jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

The future concept of money.

1. 60
    ikejrposted 4 years ago via iphone

We have to admit that our world has advanced astronomically when it comes to electronics. Over the last 25 or so years, the change has been drastic from pagers to cell phones and from gas to electric cars and what have you. Technology has built a level of trust among us as a people when outcome to money. Think about how much cash you actually use on a daily basis compared to ten years ago. For majority of people deal directly in credit and debit cards. The concepts of money very soon, if it has not already happened, will be just numbers and we have to just trust in it. We work a full week to see a bunch of numbers appear in an account in the bank. Then as we live our lives and make purchases, which are just people deducting numbers from the huge number in our bank accounts till we run out of value. If I have not lost your attention by now, then you should understand my point. We are getting to a place where we just have to trust in the numbers and their values because there will be no physical cash to hold on to. Just a bunch of swipers and number crunching folks. Essentially the movie "In time" is an example of where we are heading and I believe it will be interesting to see how things turn out.

1. Doodlehead profile image84
      Doodleheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Time will be even more important.  No more of this crediting at midnight.  Accounts will be credited or debited on the spot.

2. ocbill profile image77
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

I think gold will play a significant part

3. 60
    ikejrposted 4 years ago via iphone

Gold will definitely play a significant role. We are more likely also going to move back to barter trading system. Thoughts?

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well the barter trading system does sound like it may very well be the economic future. If one can remember back when folks raised chickens and sold the eggs for meat. They purchased material to make clothes. They lived on rice and hunted deer, rabbit and such. I recently watched on the documentary channel about Eskimos and how they used ice for their water source because they were without pluming. They fished and set traps for walrus and seal. A primitive life and one of challenges and hard work. Life is sure to be interesting as the world goes forward. Great discussion and topic, ikejr! smile  Shalom

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

So long as the economy is properly managed money will retain it's trust and value.  There is really no difference between stamping it in cheap metal, printing it on paper or sending it as pixels. A universal currency that can buy anything is vastly more efficient than any other system.

5. ftclick profile image60
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

Money will be devalued since the USA has more debt than Europe which they cannot repay.