jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Have you every sold anything on Craigslist?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image75
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

Have you ever sold anything on Craigslist?  If yes, did they pick it up at your home or did you meet them somewhere else?

1. Novel Treasure profile image85
      Novel Treasureposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have sold on craigslist and also bought if that matters. We sold our dune buggy and the guy lived like 4 hours away so we actually delivered the dune buggy to him because we had the proper trailer. Depending on what you are selling, I would recommend meeting somewhere besides your house. Call me suspicious but I don't want a random stranger to know where I live. But if it's a large item that you can't move that they have to pick up then you might not have a choice, but I would recommend having someone there with you.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I sold my old beer can collection on Craigslist and it went off without a hitch. The buyer was coming from way out of my area so I arranged to meet him in a McDonald's parking lot, figuring it was easier for him to find that than to find my house.

It was a very strange feeling sitting in that parking lot with a car trunk full of empty beer cans waiting for the guy to arrive, though... haha

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Depending on what you're selling, you can agree to meet at a public place if that is your preference.  Selling large items like furniture make that more difficult.  Most people want to see the items first, so just arrange a time when someone else can be there with you.  We've sold numerous items from Craig's list and never had a problem.  It's wise to be careful.

3. 0
    marked4destinyposted 4 years ago

If the item(s) can fit in a vehicle, I would meet at a public location and bring a friend. However, if you are selling a large item, have a friend with you and put your large item(s) in the garage or out on the lawn since there is no need to have strangers walking around your home. If you do not have a garage or lawn, I strongly recommend having someone with you.

4. hawaiianodysseus profile image92
    hawaiianodysseusposted 4 years ago

Yes, I've sold fishing hooks on Craigslist. Following a graveyard shift at the bagels bakery where I worked, I'd meet my customers at local coffee shops and carry through with the transaction.

In hindsight, an off-duty policeman may have raised his vigilant law enforcement antennae had he seen me passing a baggie to my customer after receiving cash from him.

5. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

I've bought a bedroom set on Craigslist.  Obviously, I did pick that up at the person's home.

I've sold a few things.  Always had the person meet me in the parking lot of the drug store next to my apartment building.

I met my husband on Craigslist.  We met at a Starbucks on a Wednesday night, and have been married for over four years.  Needless to say, I eventually brought him home.  big_smile

6. 0
    Jennifer Angelposted 4 years ago

Yes and it's well worth it if you want high end cash for your high end toys / pets!

7. mom0f2 profile image79
    mom0f2posted 4 years ago

I have sold on craigslist.  I live close to a McDonalds so I meet them there instead of them coming to my house.  I have had larger items that meant they needed to come to my house, but I scheduled them to come when my husband was home. Sometimes items go fast on there, other times they sit for what seems like forever, you just never know what people are looking for.