jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

New PayPal System in Operation?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

Earlier tonight, I received a payment via PayPal. I went in to my account to request withdrawal to my bank account and everything went through as usual.

When the confirmation e-mail came through a few minutes later, however, it said that the money should be in my bank account within a couple of hours, whereas it normally says two to three business days. I was curious and thought it was probably a mistake but right enough, the money is now in my bank account.

Is this a brand new system, or have I just failed to notice it before?

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not that I've seen - I requested a withdrawal yesterday but haven't seen it yet.

Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm... curious. Surely if it were a brand new system just launched today it would have been well publicised? One worrying factor: in the e-mail, there is a link to Paypal User Agreement (as I think there usually is) but I have just clicked on the link and the messagre returned reads, "You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks." Have I fluked some outdated system? I'm beginning to get an uneasy feeling about this... Off to PayPal to change my password!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
          Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Gordon, I noticed it a couple of weeks ago. As you say, it normally takes two to three working days, but there it was large as life in my bank account. And, as I say that what a couple of weeks ago, and I've had similar prompt payments, since. Paypal are having to compete with the likes of Moneybrokers (or some such) and have clearly decided that prompt payments will give them the edge. If it's something to worry about it has not affected me yet!

Thanks, Hollie. You've put my mind at ease! smile Yes, what you say definitely makes sense and I suppose it really should be the case in this modern world of advanced technology.

And for once we see the benefit of that, too. It's great, when I get paid it now means on the same day. smile

Just like when I used to be handed a buff coloured envelope with cash in it... Wow - why did we ever settle for less? (Or am I just indiscreetly showing my age...? smile )

No, I remember pay packets with a handwritten summary of wages and deductions on the front. How I loved clutching that little buff coloured envelope on a Friday teatime. I thought I could buy anything with it! smile

working