jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Powerball has excelled to $214 million!!!!

1. moneyfairy profile image63
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

Wow this is the highest the powerball has been in a long while. Do any of you play? It's fun to dream for a moment and all the people you could help if you won. Wow what a difference it would make.
    If you do play what is your powerball dream? Would you go on vacation immediately after seeking legal and financial advice of course. Would you get the annuity ( have it payed off in 29 yrs. or would you get one lump sum?)

moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think I would get the annuity just incase I screwed up the first yr. I would know that I always have something coming in for the next 29 yrs. I would sure love to help my brother who is disabled and many others in need of help within the family and friends too. But to never worry about money again would be a lovely thing smile

2. moneyfairy profile image63

What would you do if you won?

2. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

I'd buy a dream home, invest & expand my business, help family members with a new small business (specific $ amounts only), build a school/academy similar to what other millionaires have done that focuses on health, sports, education and old fashioned values. Too many kids today, especially in larger cities, have little value for others. I know that's probably due to the govt & media but it's a start in the right direction.

Good for you ocbill!!!

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

I would take it in one lump sum. Even after taxes, nobody could spend it all in a life time.  I would take winnings and help single moms so that they never feel that they have to give their child up for adoption simply because they are poor.

How wonderful!. What a generous spirit you have!!!

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

I might buy one ticket today.  I only hope that whoever wins this jackpot

Needs the money
    Puts the winnings to good use

Amen to that!!!

working