jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Who thinks it is possible to win millions?

1. moneyfairy profile image61
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

With all the statistics out there of your chances of winning a major jackpot or lottery, who thinks that it is possible to win the Big one? multimillions?

moneyfairyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I used to think it was never possible, then in 1999 I won $20,000 on a $1 scratch ticket. I used the money at the time to pay off student loans and credit card debt and then traveled some it was fun while it lasted. It made me believe that it could be possible to win big. But since that time I have won just $5 or $50 but never anything huge again. So I am wondering if I'll have a second chance at a bigger jackpot ??? Just wondering your thoughts on the subject.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Since there are winning numbers, winning tickets, somebody is going to win something.  The question is how much money will they spend before they get any cash back, even if it is 20,000.

Well at the time I won I had never bought a scratch ticket before just the local lottery so I only spent $1 to get the $20,000. I also only buy a ticket for powerball once or twice a mo. as I don't have lots of money to spend. So I just think that if my ticket is meant to win then it will ,no use spending thousands of dollars for the possibility of winning but some people do. I'm just a dreamer but on a very limited budget. smile

I have tried birthday numbers and anniversaries etc... and numerology but usually if I win anything it is a quick pick generated by the computer. So go figure?? I believe if it is meant to happen it will. Just hoping sooner rather than later smile.

3. Dan Barfield profile image85
    Dan Barfieldposted 4 years ago

Of course it is possible to win millions! The proof is clearly walking around in the form of people who have in fact won millions on various lotteries and what have you. The bugger is that the chances are so miniscule that it isn't worth the cost of the tickets. Why get your hopes up on such a slim possiblity? Rather put your efforts into making the millions by the sweat of your brow instead. Don't expect the world or God to save you - save yourself!

I do work my **s off and I don't expect to be saved by anybody. I am just a big dreamer and sometimes it pays off and sometimes not. So here's hoping for a big win sometime again soon. Thanks for your comment!!

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Of course it is possible, as it happens.  But it is so astoundingly unlikely I never buy a ticket.

smart girl, keep your money smile

5. SoManyPaths profile image60
    SoManyPathsposted 4 years ago

I think it is possible, sure.
    When I do play I go for the lower dollar amount jackpots so odds increase,( less people play your odds go up is my thinking )  Is that a decent strategy? I validate it by telling myself if I spend it on this vs. a junk food snack, it is better and I'd build some centers to help society and my family.

yes that is a great strategy! I'll try it. Thanks! Good luck to you too!!!

working