jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubpages Alternatives

1. jainismus profile image78
    jainismusposted 3 years ago

Apart from Hubpages, on which writing platforms do you write?

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I have set up two web sites of my own as alternatives to HP and have plans for a couple more. The older site only has about six posts on it, but it is bringing in more per month in Adsense earnings than the total earnings I get here for 21 hubs. This is despite the fact that I picked a saturated and over-competitive niche because I did not know better at the time.

Otherwise, I joined Squidoo two months ago and am having great fun there.

1. wjack2010 profile image60
      wjack2010posted 3 years ago in reply to this

May I ask, what sites are these? I'm quite interested.

1. WriteAngled profile image91
        WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No, no, they are not alternatives for other people to use, but web sites of mine that I hope will eventually bring in more constant revenue without the fear of idling and need for constant tweaking smile

However, Sunforged has set up Xobba and Oli has set up Thisisfreelance, which are both revenue sharing sites for authors.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with your sites!  In the long run, your own sites have to be a better bet than rev-sharing sites.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

I also recommend Xobba, ThisisFreelance, PubWages (all run by ex-Hubbers). 

You can also try Wizzley, Infobarrel and Seekyt. 

Zujava has a nice setup but their rules are very strict - great if you want a high quality place to write, but limits their usefulness in my view.  If you're going to write on rev-share sites, it's a good idea to interlink your articles - and as I can't include links to other sites on Zujava, it can't be part of that interlinking.

working