jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

About Webanswers.com

1. MountainManJake profile image88
    MountainManJakeposted 4 years ago

Can you actually make money on this website?  I know it is still in beta, and that is has earning potential.  But is it only based on PPC or does it have CPM as well?

2. kathleenkat profile image90
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

I make a decent amount of money on Webanswers. I believe they employ both PPC and CPM.

MountainManJakeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If they have CPM that is amazing.

3. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

I was very active a year or two ago but am far less active now - I have about 4000 answers on there and about 1500 questions. Out of all the sites I write on WA is the second best in terms of revenue - I am barely active there now and I still earn $100 or more on there every month.

Like Hubpages, you'll do better on there with quality answers....

...I note that you have to have an Adsense account - Webanswers doesn't pay you - they share Google Ad impressions with you.

Thanks SimeyC.  In regards to the question above, is it just PPC or is it a mixture with CPM?  I have just started and I need 50 answers to enable my adsense account.  I am at 35 as of this post so I will see where that goes.  100 a month sounds great, but that is a lot of answers!

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure - on some subjects I get a lot of clicks, however on others I do earn revenue - so I assume that is CPM and PPC!

What I did when I was active was try to answer 10 questions a day - I could produce 10 pretty decent answers (200+ words) on subjects that I know a lot about. One other thing to do is ask a lot of decent questions - you earn impressions on your questions too.

Also - if a question is awarded there;s no point in answering as you won't get any impressions - when the question has been awarded, the questioner, the awarded answer and Webanswers share the impressions - every other answer doesn't get anything!

BTW I have written a couple of articles about Webanswers - one fairly recently - you can see it in my profile...

Thanks for all of the great info.  I am trying to generate 500-800 dollars of passive income in multiple streams when I go to Thailand.  This sounds like a good egg to have.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not so sure about the passive part.  I answered a couple hundred questions and quit for a few weeks; income promptly fell to zero.  I also see that many people there say the same thing. 

Simey may be the exception to a general rule that you either keep answering questions or don't earn.

2. MountainManJake profile image88

I have also had a problem signing up for adsense now.  Says that they need to upgrade to the adsense API.  Tons of people are affected by this.  Are you?

1. SimeyC profile image89
            SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I already have an Adsense account so I am OK - it looks like only new Adsense users are being impacted.

working