Insider Trading is More Common than Many Investors Realize

1. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 3 years ago

"Regulators Examining Sales of Early Financial Data" … f=business

"Fair Play Measured in Slivers of a Second" … f=business

"The Hunt for Steve Cohen" … ading-case

1. Ericdierker profile image81
      Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ralph, what bothers me here is the hard work that these folks do. Yes I am talking about the information services like Thompson Reuters. It is mega interesting how much effort and man hours and just plain hard work and skill and education that goes into these "services". The speed or as one said "devolved into a footrace" is incredible. Two seconds? That does not address the issue of what to do with the info. That is the rub. A foot race yes, but which way to run? That is the skill and hard work.
      This is for the pros and the big league hitters. It is the difference between hitting a 95 mph insider or being ready for a 70 mph change up and then knowing where to hit the ball and having the skill to put it there. You just can't do this stuff once a week. It is like the military having 20 people for every combat soldier. If we extend the rubric of "insider traders" to include these bad ass always ready hard working services we indeed start a slide down a slippery slope. Over regulation of our "free" markets is scary. If a team of people work for one month analyzing and ferreting out information on one company in anticipation of a 10k filing and are ready to jump in the right direction within a two second margin and they have a track record of success. Then I am inclined to say bravo!! I'll pay the fee to be on board.
      I would be far more concerned with consumer confidence "surveys" being bought and sold than their two second early release.
      Just my 3 million cents worth. Great subject.