jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Having won 186 million dollars I would.......

1. moneyfairy profile image62
    moneyfairyposted 3 years ago

The powerball jackpot is up to 186 million dollars tonight 10/19/13. So imagine if you won what would you do then?Move to another country? Buy your own island???travel all over the world???
    What would you do?

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Look forward to hearing all the fun things you would do.

2. moneyfairy profile image62

c'mon  everyone go for it. Unleash your dreams and what you would do if you financially could.

3. moneyfairy profile image62

None of you have hopes or dreams or are you all independently wealthy?

Well I guess you are all independently wealthy. Good for you!!!

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

I would buy a car that doesn't break down on the freeway as often.
    I would pay off my kids school loans, pay off bills, move closer to the town we work in, keep my job cause I would turn into a complete loser if I didn't have a job (which is a reflection of my flaws, not a comment on those who are not employed.) I would do some real good... as long as there are poor and destitute and parentless children in the world, I don't need a mansion. I don't know... the basic stuff you'd do with money.

Thanks Beth. You have a huge heart in wanting to help others.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Aw, thanks moneyfairy... but i doubt much different than most others. smile

Well some people can be very selfish where money is concerned. But having never had alot I know what that feeling is like so I would definitely help alot of people I know that are in dire need:(single moms stuggling,seniors w/no children to look after them etc... the forgotten people. It would be fun to be a philanthropist. There was once a newspaper article of a man who was incognito and used a pseudo name but people would write into his column and he would help them. This went on for about a year. One of my senior clients told me about it. I thought that was a cool idea, also being at the supermarket and gifting someone in need with free groceries, that would be fun, just to see the smiles on their faces.

1. profile image0

That's awesome. Yeah, I think it's good to go thru hard times cause it can develop empathy. We always want to give our kids these "smooth sailing" rides, but sometimes they fail to develop character b/c of it.

So very true, until they know the actual worth of a $ they don't learn to save and respect how much effort it took to get it. I housecleaned,nannied and babysat from the time I was 9-19yrs. old. it definitely gives you a greater respect for your parents and all thier efforts towards you!!! My little brothers did a paper route and my sister worked in a nursing home ....so we have definitely learned a good work ethic. It is very important!!! you sound like an awesome parent.

1. profile image0

Im a better parent than Homer Simpson. I tell myself that when I go to bed at night. wink

Good on you smile

5. Martin VK profile image82
    Martin VKposted 3 years ago

I would travel all over the world indeed, and I would buy little cozy apartments in the cities and places I like the most. I would give money to my friends and family as well smile

Sounds like a plan!!! It's fun to dream isn't it?

6. jenniferrpovey profile image93
    jenniferrpoveyposted 3 years ago

Okay, here's the list:

1. Help out my father financially so he can retire and doesn't have to be stressed about money.

2. Buy a house with horse stalls, land, and direct access to nice trails. And an arena. And a truck. And a trailer. And at least two horses.

3. Book that 20k a head cruise to Antarctica I've been dreaming about for years.

4. Give money to a close friend so she can move to an apartment away from her horrid landlady who's behavior literally makes her sick.

Then I'd relax and enjoy my new lifestyle in which I only have to write what I want. With horse shows. And travel. And the partner able to quit his job.

I don't think I'd actually need the full amount, and I'd probably end up giving a fair bit of it away.

Wow that is very generous of you. What a giving thoughtful soul are you!!! It's fun to see the possibilites!!!

working