How Do Black People Spend $507 Billion Dollars Every Year?

1. realtalk247 profile image72
    realtalk247posted 21 months ago

I don't understand how a retail person making $10 per hour has a phone that costs $700.
    I don't understand how you can live in an impoverished community and have a purse that costs $500.
    I don't understand how you can barely have enough money to eat but you buy jeans that costs $500.
    I don't understand how you ride the bus and have the latest iphone model.$1.1 trillion in collective buying power, 3% advertising targeted towards African Americans, makes no sense. Children living in poverty, less education/trade, and household income at an all time low. Now some of you will say: to each their own.  I beg to differ if you are living on government assistance, i.e. taxpayer money.   I beg to differ if you are committing identity theft to obtain "items" to feed your materialism. I beg to differ if you are raising entitled, spoiled kids, to think everyone owe's them in life.
    What is wrong with this picture? Is the materialism an outward expression of covering up low-self esteem, worthlessness, inferiority issues, and having no sense of oneself?  What is the root of materialism among people know to have lowest income and household wealth?  What is with the got a dollar, spend a dollar mentality rather than saving for property or assets?
    http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12483785.jpg

working