jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

PayPal halts operations in Turkey as local authorities reject license

1. rider_tiger profile image87
    rider_tigerposted 9 months ago

So, what do I do? Paypal says any money transferred to me will fail, and I cannot open another paypal account because I would have to reside in that country. What is the point of having paypal if I cannot send and receive money worldwide?
    When I go to payment settings, it gives me two options only:
    1. Associate a different paypal account
    2. Disassociate my paypal account
    Ideas?

2. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 9 months ago

If your Paypal is not working you should dissociate it so no payments are made while it is not functioning. I would suggest taking a wait and see approach about what to do next.  Paypal is suspended in Turkey, but they have not given up on fixing the problem, which would be best for everyone.

3. rider_tiger profile image87

Will my payment continue to accumulate if I disassociate the paypal account? There should be other ways like bitcoin or something.

1. hclpd profile image87
      hclpdposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I would suggest you to contact Hubpages. They'd come up with something.

rider_tigerposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I did, but I sincerely doubt it.

2. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 9 months ago in reply to this

What's happening here is nothing which HubPages can effect.  Unless they wish to stop using a single payment system (which they have made clear for the history of the company they will not do).

This is about a conflict between PayPal and a country which wants to do business using it's services.  PayPal can decline a whole country if it chooses, and there is no recourse if such a decision is an adverse one for you as an individual.

2. psycheskinner profile image79
      psycheskinnerposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Yes you will keep earning and it will stay in your account.  Hubpages is not going to use anything other than paypal in the foreseeable future.

rider_tigerposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I went ahead to disassociate it, and this is the warning:
        I understand that after disassociating my PayPal account, I will no longer be eligible to accumulate earnings through the HubPages Earnings Program until I associate a new PayPal account.
        So, disassociate=no money accumulation.

1. psycheskinner profile image79
          psycheskinnerposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Then either 1) swap to the adsense earning program, or 2) email hubstaff and see if they can suspend payments manually.

4. rider_tiger profile image87

Interesting. I have the adsense program but it is making almost no money. How do I switch everything to it?
    I contacted them and asked what to do, here is their answer:
    Hi Rider,
    PayPal is the only supported form of payment. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Thanks,
    Team HubPages

working