jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

Stock market top

1. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I am calling the end of recent bear market rally, and the start of the most violent move down on the memory of any living human being, with Dow/Nasdaq/S&P never seeing current levels for quite a few years to come, likely not in a lifetime of any living human being.

The odds are overwhelming. smile

1. ledefensetech profile image82
      ledefensetechposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well it is September, that's always been a bad month for stocks.  It should be apocalyptic this year.

1. Kadmiels profile image74
        Kadmielsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

its not the end its only the beginning of the greatest depression in world history

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your prediction is off to a good start today.  Good thing I put all of my money in tulip futures.

Tulip futures are nothing.  A drop of water in the ocean.  I can get you a bridge instead, you'll make a killing.

3. easyzcx profile image60
      easyzcxposted 7 years ago in reply to this
  2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Yep, this is one of the reasons I am calling it now. smile

3. ledefensetech profile image82
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

It might be just the thing to push the Fed Transparency Act through Congress.  Sometimes populism has its uses.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

It looks like a bit more natural forces are at play. smile

Of course natural forces are at work.  They were also at work when Communism fell.  I'm just wondering what the consequences of the coming crash are going to be. How will it affect the debates swirling around the halls of power?  Will the thrones of the world tremble at the sound of the crash?  Or will they continue to play the fiddle as civilization burns around them?

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL That I don't have data or method to predict, but it will be quite interesting to watch I am sure. We do live during interesting times smile

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The DOW will finish the year above 10K Misha.
      Two months ago I predicted that it would make 9k & got laughed at.... Did very well. Analysis what has driven the last month.

Maybe you should play currencies... USD/NZD - Has been Down Will go UP hmm

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We'll see in a few months. (Dow, not NZD, I don;t have a strong opinion on those). Bookmark the thread, would you? smile

1. Pearldiver profile image88
          Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We can do better .... Bet Fanny Mae Stock Options lol lol

2. ledefensetech profile image82

How?  When you consider that most companies have shown a profit not by getting new customers, but by cutting costs?  What happens when they can't cut anymore?  Business activity is contracting, moving money from one place to another is not real profit.  Good luck, but I hope you have a short selling plan in case things go south.

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

prediction updates?

7. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Be fearful when others are confident.  Be confident when others are fearful.

wink

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Investment advice?

1. 0
        Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah.

working