jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Reliance Power may list with 35-40% premium

1. patelarp profile image59
    patelarpposted 8 years ago

Girish Nadkarni, ED- Capital Markets, Avendus Advisors said that for Reliance Power, initially people expected a 100% premium over its issue price but that has come down significantly. Retail investors can get reasonable amount of gains on listing. It may see 35-40% upside over the issue price on listing.

Excerpts of CNBC-TV18รข??s exclusive interview with Girish Nadkarni:

Q: What do you expect to see from Reliance Power listing next week?

A: I think the pricing that one expected initially which was a 100% premium to the issue has come down significantly but one would expect a reasonable amount of gain for the retail investors who have put in money. 35-40% upside over the issue price is what the market believes it will open at.

Q: How do you think things will shapeup from there because as we know for many of this strong blue chip IPOs, day one might be strong? But how do you expect things will shapeup for a story like Reliance Power from thereon?

smile <snipped promotional link>

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Well, if your investment advice is a good as your ability to read and follow hubpages' rules, I suggest you get a job in another field. Looks to me that what you know about IPOs would just about fill a small thimble.

3. 60
    Donna18posted 8 years ago

all those prediction gone totally wrong. the listing price of reliance power open pretty low then expected. But there is nothing to panic soon they have recovered from the mess. But now once again there are clouds of uncertainty with the huge fall in indices of BSE and NSE. Hope the market will recover quickly.

4. Reealjrd profile image60
    Reealjrdposted 8 years ago

Hello friends,

People are waiting for this market o come to its previous position. The huge downfall in the recent days have put a negative impression on the new investors. But the investors playing in this market since its beginning have understood the reason of the down fall. For some days stay in the market with intrady trades and dont have any open positions.

5. 60
    ooandajbposted 8 years ago

I am not sure what the "right " time could be.Don't we invest in stocks/forex/anything over a period of time? Right the times are up now and down the next moment.We need to start at some point nonetheless.And of course noticeable worthwhile profits/ returns are attained only afterwards.